Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
E_Barnes
New Brawn

E_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good start
Default Milk

For body building, which do you think is the best type of milk to drink? Whole or 2%? I am currently drinking 2% and do not really care for the whole milk. Will 2% suit me okay?
E_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

2% is fine. As long as it fits into your macros, you're good do go, milk is quality stuff (providing you aren't lactose intolerant)
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
E_Barnes
New Brawn

E_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good startE_Barnes is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
2% is fine. As long as it fits into your macros, you're good do go, milk is quality stuff (providing you aren't lactose intolerant)
Thanks. I am not lactose intolerant. Still learning all about macros, so it is a learning experience for me.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Barnes View Post
Thanks. I am not lactose intolerant. Still learning all about macros, so it is a learning experience for me.
Lactose envy. If I have more than about 4 ounces of milk, the rest of my day is spent bloated and gassy. Mr. T would be ashamed...
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
DanB
Brawn

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: ....
DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Lactose envy. If I have more than about 4 ounces of milk, the rest of my day is spent bloated and gassy. Mr. T would be ashamed...
x2.. If I drink it has to be first thing in the morning and hope my gassy bloat shifts before my pm training.. and drinking it on squat day is a no no!

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
angie828
Uber Brawn

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

We only drink 2%. I can not stand whole milk. If I had to drink that, I would claim that I was lactose intolerant, lol.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #7
leefarley
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i drink whole milk on its own and mixed in with protein powder so through out the day i drink allot of milk normally around 3-4 pints sometimes more,i always feel nore stronger off whole milk then 2% milk but thats just me.the only down side to whole milk for me is the fat content i do gain weight from it ideal for a bulk tho.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
Carvar

Carvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality posts

Milk is great source of calcium and good for bones and teeth. Milk is perfect and complete food for bodybuilders with no side effects so they must add milk in their daily meals. Milk is full of energy and if we use in childhood it give benefit this time and at the end of age like in old age.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
E_Barnes
New Brawn

I love my milk and do not know what I would do if I could not have it. I swear I can drink several cups at a time.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
moeheep
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Whole milk, usually more than 1/2 gallon a day.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote