Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
79tx
New Brawn
Points: 142, Level: 2 Points: 142, Level: 2 Points: 142, Level: 2
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

79tx is off to a bad start
Default Sell by dates

Do you go by the sell by date of products of it they look and smell ok do you eat them anyway? For me it just depends on what it is. If the bread is past a few days but still feels fresh I will use it. I will drink my milk for a few days after the expiration date as well as long as there are no chunks or sour smell. What about you?
79tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79tx View Post
Do you go by the sell by date of products of it they look and smell ok do you eat them anyway? For me it just depends on what it is. If the bread is past a few days but still feels fresh I will use it. I will drink my milk for a few days after the expiration date as well as long as there are no chunks or sour smell. What about you?
Depends on the food; I'm more cautious with meats and fish etc. Don't forget that stale bread was once made use of in puddings which is how they used older bread up, some bread recipes even call for leftover stale bread to be crumbled into the batch of bread being made, so there is no waste at all.

Sell by dates on tea bags always astound me Basically, common sense has to be used where some food dates are concerned.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
fatcar
New Brawn
Points: 357, Level: 7 Points: 357, Level: 7 Points: 357, Level: 7
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

fatcar is off to a bad start

Meats I will toss. I don't want to get sick from them. Milk is usually good a few days after the date so I will drink that. Yogurt though I will toss. Eggs I also toss but usually this never happens that we have eggs go bad.
fatcar is offline   Reply With Quote