Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fruit juice (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10068)

smalldon 05-24-2012 02:05 PM

Fruit juice

They say how bad soda is and I totally agree. but what about Fruit juice? Would this be a better choice?

henryh 05-24-2012 02:17 PM

Probably depends on the juice. Some have lots of calories in them as well.

JacktheThriller 05-24-2012 02:23 PM

juice usually has just as much sugar as pop, better to eat the fruit always, 1oz of juice takes a whole apple to produce, so a glass of juice is 6oz that is 6 apples, part of the juicing process involve high heat this will potentially render vitamins and minerals useless and break down sugars making them easier for the body to absorb, not to mention to absence of fiber in juice which slows the digestion of sugars, if you are trying to lose weight avoid all liquid calories (besides protein shakes)

5kgLifter 05-24-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacktheThriller (Post 244680)
juice usually has just as much sugar as pop, better to eat the fruit always, 1oz of juice takes a whole apple to produce, so a glass of juice is 6oz that is 6 apples, part of the juicing process involve high heat this will potentially render vitamins and minerals useless and break down sugars making them easier for the body to absorb, not to mention to absence of fiber in juice which slows the digestion of sugars, if you are trying to lose weight avoid all liquid calories (besides protein shakes)

Yep!

People automatically consider fruit juice to be good but recently there have even been dental adverts aimed at the so-called healthy juice drinking fad and how it erodes the teeth.

Eat the fruit, minimise drinking juice.

angie828 05-27-2012 12:06 PM

Rarely do I drink juice. Just when I get cravings for it and then I usually just drink a glass of orange juice and this cures the craving.

Hazzard 09-05-2012 06:13 AM

Sugar, sugar, sugar.

ricka182 09-05-2012 09:42 AM

I agree with most here.. but if you have a juice machine, you can use that and get real juice, nothing added. I used to make a fruit sludge, by using a machine on a lower setting, it didn't really completely juice the fruit. I took out the remaining lumpy pulp, mixed it with the juice that did come out, and had new snack.

angie828 09-06-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 274018)
I agree with most here.. but if you have a juice machine, you can use that and get real juice, nothing added. I used to make a fruit sludge, by using a machine on a lower setting, it didn't really completely juice the fruit. I took out the remaining lumpy pulp, mixed it with the juice that did come out, and had new snack.

A juicer would be an excellent idea if you need juice. You can also add veggies to it to get your veggie intake up if you don't care for them. My sister says that she has added carrots to her juicer since her son does not like them.

crashed 09-08-2012 04:26 PM

Juice is not really all that great for you. I would suggest that you do drink it in moderation if you feel the need to drink it. Look for 100% fruit juice as well or make your own.