Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Intermittent Fasting Debates

Over and over again I am cornered by proponents of intermittent fasting. It happens on nearly every article in which I mention frequent feeding. I am usually told in a very passionate manner about how frequent feeding has been discounted as bunk, and intermittent fasting is the only method of cutting. I do not know what is taking place at the Lean Gains community, but I personally believe that this dogmatic war being waged against frequent feeding is slightly narrow-minded.

There, I said it.

Bodybuilders have used frequency feeding for decades. To my knowledge it has never let a single bodybuilder down. To say it's "disproven" or "bro science" is a bit close-minded. Is this the way we intelligently approach and process training and diet information?

So that's my opinion. What's yours?

The greater question here has little to do with intermittent fasting. It's really about this:

If something is working for top-level competitors, has worked for top-level competitors for endless decades, and to my knowledge has never let a top-level competitor down, even if it doesn't stand up to science or a study, is it still broscience?

Not trying to push my opinion here, but rather open this up as a discussion topic. I've shared my opinion. What's yours?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links