Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Where to put Creatine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10004)

smalldon 05-17-2012 04:02 PM

Where to put Creatine

Can you put creatine on foods? Like sprinkle it on what you are eating? I have some that does not mix well with liquids, it gets all lumpy and I just do not like the texture of it. Can I sprinkle it on warm foods or will that destroy the creatine?

big valsalva 05-17-2012 04:13 PM

I suppose. I don't really see why you couldn't do that. I haven't found a creatine that completely dissolves, but I've never had a problem with it getting lumpy either. When I was using it, I would mix it in with my post-workout shake (whey/gatorade), but there's always be a little bit of "sand" left at the bottom of the cup when I was done. I found that I could get most of it gone by swishing some water with it.

My rambling probably doesn't help much, sorry. Bottom line is, you probably sprinkle it over foods (spaghetti, ice cream, whatever), and not cause any harm.

Ryano 05-17-2012 04:19 PM

The only way to disolve creatine mono is use warm tap water. I've heard that if it is not disolved in solution, your body will not absorb it. Just turn on your tap until it gets as hot as it will and put 8 oz in a glass with 5gr creatine. Stir it until it disolves then enjoy. Or you can get Concret Creatine. It disolves instantly, but is expensive.

big valsalva 05-17-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryano (Post 242494)
The only way to disolve creatine mono is use warm tap water. I've heard that if it is not disolved in solution, your body will not absorb it. Just turn on your tap until it gets as hot as it will and put 8 oz in a glass with 5gr creatine. Stir it until it disolves then enjoy. Or you can get Concret Creatine. It disolves instantly, but is expensive.

Not to be confrontational, but won't 98.6 degree stomach acid do the same thing? Just wondering. Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.

Ryano 05-18-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 242499)
Not to be confrontational, but won't 98.6 degree stomach acid do the same thing? Just wondering. Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.

You could be right BV. I'm certainly no doctor. Just thought I'd post how you can get it to disolve.

big valsalva 05-18-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryano (Post 242748)
You could be right BV. I'm certainly no doctor. Just thought I'd post how you can get it to disolve.

If I ever go back on, I might try that method though. Thanks for the new perspective. Meanwhile, there's plenty of creatine in steak.

(big val now heads to the grill.)

TitanCT 05-18-2012 08:05 PM

i get my creatine by eating cows.

big valsalva 05-18-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanCT (Post 242865)
i get my creatine by eating cows.

The perfect source. Creatine supplementation the way The Creator meant it to be. No problems getting things to completely dissolve.

Tannhauser 05-19-2012 07:02 AM

Creatine doesn't seem very soluble, so I think trying to pre-dissolve it before ingestion is probably a good move. When I take creatine, I have it in a shake at room temperature or warm milk. This seems to dissolve it or at least out it into suspension for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 242499)
Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.

I agree that there's a lot of hooey. My theory is that most of this is created by supplement marketing teams. Supplement companies were faced with the problem of selling the same simple chemical as their competitors- how could they differentiate their particular product? The answer was to overcomplicate it, selling four zillion variations on the same thing, each one claiming to be THE way to take it for maximal effectiveness. Standard supplementcompany practice, by the way - the same thing that's done with marketing whey protein, vitamins etc.

It's probably a good idea to get the stuff to dissolve, other than that, it's straightforward. 5 grammes a day, don't bother with loading, don't worry about taking it with glucose or protein or whatever, don't worry if it's with caffeine or not with caffeine, just take it. Responders will respond, others won't.

big valsalva 05-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 242922)
It's probably a good idea to get the stuff to dissolve, other than that, it's straightforward. 5 grammes a day, don't bother with loading, don't worry about taking it with glucose or protein or whatever, don't worry if it's with caffeine or not with caffeine, just take it. Responders will respond, others won't.

And it seems to me that I won't. A penny saved.