Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
smalldon
New Brawn
Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

smalldon is off to a bad start
Default Where to put Creatine

Can you put creatine on foods? Like sprinkle it on what you are eating? I have some that does not mix well with liquids, it gets all lumpy and I just do not like the texture of it. Can I sprinkle it on warm foods or will that destroy the creatine?
smalldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

I suppose. I don't really see why you couldn't do that. I haven't found a creatine that completely dissolves, but I've never had a problem with it getting lumpy either. When I was using it, I would mix it in with my post-workout shake (whey/gatorade), but there's always be a little bit of "sand" left at the bottom of the cup when I was done. I found that I could get most of it gone by swishing some water with it.

My rambling probably doesn't help much, sorry. Bottom line is, you probably sprinkle it over foods (spaghetti, ice cream, whatever), and not cause any harm.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

The only way to disolve creatine mono is use warm tap water. I've heard that if it is not disolved in solution, your body will not absorb it. Just turn on your tap until it gets as hot as it will and put 8 oz in a glass with 5gr creatine. Stir it until it disolves then enjoy. Or you can get Concret Creatine. It disolves instantly, but is expensive.

Last edited by Ryano; 05-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Ryano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
The only way to disolve creatine mono is use warm tap water. I've heard that if it is not disolved in solution, your body will not absorb it. Just turn on your tap until it gets as hot as it will and put 8 oz in a glass with 5gr creatine. Stir it until it disolves then enjoy. Or you can get Concret Creatine. It disolves instantly, but is expensive.
Not to be confrontational, but won't 98.6 degree stomach acid do the same thing? Just wondering. Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Not to be confrontational, but won't 98.6 degree stomach acid do the same thing? Just wondering. Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.
You could be right BV. I'm certainly no doctor. Just thought I'd post how you can get it to disolve.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
You could be right BV. I'm certainly no doctor. Just thought I'd post how you can get it to disolve.
If I ever go back on, I might try that method though. Thanks for the new perspective. Meanwhile, there's plenty of creatine in steak.

(big val now heads to the grill.)

Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i get my creatine by eating cows.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
i get my creatine by eating cows.
The perfect source. Creatine supplementation the way The Creator meant it to be. No problems getting things to completely dissolve.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Creatine doesn't seem very soluble, so I think trying to pre-dissolve it before ingestion is probably a good move. When I take creatine, I have it in a shake at room temperature or warm milk. This seems to dissolve it or at least out it into suspension for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Honestly, I've heard so much hooey about creatine (when to take it, how to take it, absorption, etc.) that I can't decide what is right. Odd too since they claim it is the most researched supplement on the market. You would think there would be some agreement. Anyway, all the conflicting information was one of the factors in my discontinuing it -- after my last tub was gone, of course.
I agree that there's a lot of hooey. My theory is that most of this is created by supplement marketing teams. Supplement companies were faced with the problem of selling the same simple chemical as their competitors- how could they differentiate their particular product? The answer was to overcomplicate it, selling four zillion variations on the same thing, each one claiming to be THE way to take it for maximal effectiveness. Standard supplementcompany practice, by the way - the same thing that's done with marketing whey protein, vitamins etc.

It's probably a good idea to get the stuff to dissolve, other than that, it's straightforward. 5 grammes a day, don't bother with loading, don't worry about taking it with glucose or protein or whatever, don't worry if it's with caffeine or not with caffeine, just take it. Responders will respond, others won't.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232

Last edited by Tannhauser; 05-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
It's probably a good idea to get the stuff to dissolve, other than that, it's straightforward. 5 grammes a day, don't bother with loading, don't worry about taking it with glucose or protein or whatever, don't worry if it's with caffeine or not with caffeine, just take it. Responders will respond, others won't.
And it seems to me that I won't. A penny saved.