Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
music50
New Brawn
Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9 Points: 464, Level: 9
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

music50 is off to a good startmusic50 is off to a good startmusic50 is off to a good start
Default Critque My Splitt

Hellllllllo Folks,

I just made up this split and I wanted to see what you guys thought.. The goal is muscle building, and its not a leg priority. Its got me hitting legs once a week, because well.. thats all I need as my legs grow pretty easily.. Here it is.

Mon. - Back & Bi's
Deadlift 3x10
Lat Pull Down 3x10
Chin Ups 2xfailure
Ez bar Curls 3x15
Hammer Curls 3x10
DB Shrugs 3x15

Tues. - Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Bench 3x6-8
Incline 3x10
Flys 2x15
DB Millitary Press 2x10
Side Raises 2x10
Dips 3x10
Tricep Pushdowns 3x15

Wed- Off

Thurs. Legs
Squats 3x10
Lunges 2x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
db SLDL 2x10
leg curl 3x10
calf raises 3x15

Fri. - Upper Body
Incline - 4x8
Flys 2x10
Upright Rows 3x15
Cable Facepulls 2x15
Db Rows 2x12
Skullcrushers 2x10
Tricep Pushdowns 2x10
Bicep Curls 3x15
music50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i wouldnt use this or recommend it to anyone. way to much chest focus. and way too much upper body. hell your arms arent even worked evenly.
theres a lot setting up a routine than mixing and matching exercises. Check out the premade workouts we have on the site brotha.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
music50
New Brawn

music50 is off to a good startmusic50 is off to a good startmusic50 is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
i wouldnt use this or recommend it to anyone. way to much chest focus. and way too much upper body. hell your arms arent even worked evenly.
theres a lot setting up a routine than mixing and matching exercises. Check out the premade workouts we have on the site brotha.
True. The split did look a little bit cluttered, out of order, and overall a mess, lol. Can I get a link to a good reccomended split for muscle mass?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by music50 View Post
True. The split did look a little bit cluttered, out of order, and overall a mess, lol. Can I get a link to a good reccomended split for muscle mass?
here's a whole mess of bb'er style training routines brotha.
Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building. – Bodybuilding Workouts
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
music50
New Brawn

[quote=TitanCT;241868]here's a whole mess of bb'er style training routines brotha.

Thank you.

I saw some of those earlier today- but some are pretty high volume, not that its a bad thing- but wouldnt that be tough for a natty lifter.. And isnt hiting a muscle 1ce a week not optimal for a natural lifter, shouldnt a higher frequency split be better?

which out of those would you chose, ?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

[quote=music50;241870]
Quote:
here's a whole mess of bb'er style training routines brotha.

Thank you.

I saw some of those earlier today- but some are pretty high volume, not that its a bad thing- but wouldnt that be tough for a natty lifter.. And isnt hiting a muscle 1ce a week not optimal for a natural lifter, shouldnt a higher frequency split be better?

which out of those would you chose, ?
its harder than most think to "overtrain"
if you want mass you gotta eat for it. simple as that. Cant grow mass without extra calories, in other words the body cant make something outta nothing.
I implement a lot of warm up sets, even from one exercise to another, so while sometimes i only do one working set, ill have a set or two of warm up before. Strength is important in mass, but more so as a gauge to watch progress, you need to worry more about getting a big pump and a nice stretch.
I also use a 4 day split. Honestly, i thrive on pain and my training style is not listed in those workouts. I have moved on to something more advanced. Everyone is different, i strongly suggest you pick 3-5 and try each out for 2 weeks, figure out what you LIKE to lift so you'll be more motivated to do so. I also strong urge you to log your workouts, in a notebook if not in a public log on this website.

hope this help
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
music50
New Brawn

[quote=TitanCT;241876]
Quote:

its harder than most think to "overtrain"
if you want mass you gotta eat for it. simple as that. Cant grow mass without extra calories, in other words the body cant make something outta nothing.
I implement a lot of warm up sets, even from one exercise to another, so while sometimes i only do one working set, ill have a set or two of warm up before. Strength is important in mass, but more so as a gauge to watch progress, you need to worry more about getting a big pump and a nice stretch.
I also use a 4 day split. Honestly, i thrive on pain and my training style is not listed in those workouts. I have moved on to something more advanced. Everyone is different, i strongly suggest you pick 3-5 and try each out for 2 weeks, figure out what you LIKE to lift so you'll be more motivated to do so. I also strong urge you to log your workouts, in a notebook if not in a public log on this website.

hope this help
It does a bit, thanks.. Out of all of them would you have a personal recommendation to go with to try first,?? I really really don't know.. As far as calorie surplus goes, im actually in a defecit now, trying to get cut. I want to look jacked, but also lean and mean. I want a big chest, arms, etc..

The only other concern I have with hitting a muscle once a week is my chest-- I feel my chest should be brought up, and once a week may or may not cut it.. Which would you choose first
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
music50
New Brawn

???
Old 05-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

[quote=music50;241880]
Quote:

It does a bit, thanks.. Out of all of them would you have a personal recommendation to go with to try first,?? I really really don't know.. As far as calorie surplus goes, im actually in a defecit now, trying to get cut. I want to look jacked, but also lean and mean. I want a big chest, arms, etc..

The only other concern I have with hitting a muscle once a week is my chest-- I feel my chest should be brought up, and once a week may or may not cut it.. Which would you choose first
i would chose this.
Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building. – Animal Pak Push Legs Pull Workout Routine

You need to chose, you are too new to even begin to understand what it takes to add muscle and lose fat at the same time. Pick ONE of the two goals and eat for it. You can lift heavy until youre purple but if you dont have excess calories to create mass, you wont get anywhere with size.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
music50
New Brawn

[quote=TitanCT;241910]
Quote:

You need to chose, you are too new to even begin to understand what it takes to add muscle and lose fat at the same time. Pick ONE of the two goals and eat for it. You can lift heavy until youre purple but if you dont have excess calories to create mass, you wont get anywhere with size.
I have a few years solid experience of weight training. Im not trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I'm cutting now, and when I lose the fat I want to, I will start to slowly bulk. That routine is a 3 day routine, I would ideally like something 4 days. All the others seems like a SHIT ton of volume way to much to recover from.