Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
guys some advice please

I went and spoke to my gym about canceling my PT session as I had a cooling off period .They said I can have one free session than next wednesday and than make up my mind

what I am going to do is aks this trainer to teach me perfect form on the following lifts

squat
deadlift
bench press
overhead press
rows both BB/DB
pull ups
dips

If he cant do that than I dont want anything to do with him ,I dont need to pay someone $44 for 30 mins to stand next to me why I am on doing leg curls and extensions

does this sound reasonable ?

cheers
they will fight you every step of the way to keep your money. be prepared for that.
Personally, judging from what the trainer has already told you, I would have told them "thanks, i appreciate that, but I'd really just like my money back."
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
guys some advice please

I went and spoke to my gym about canceling my PT session as I had a cooling off period .They said I can have one free session than next wednesday and than make up my mind

what I am going to do is aks this trainer to teach me perfect form on the following lifts

squat
deadlift
bench press
overhead press
rows both BB/DB
pull ups
dips

If he cant do that than I dont want anything to do with him ,I dont need to pay someone $44 for 30 mins to stand next to me why I am on doing leg curls and extensions

does this sound reasonable ?

cheers
I'd have told them that I thought it was obvious I'd already made up my mind. As Titan says, though, they will try to sway you to stay with him just to keep your money, especially since they already have it.

He'll have you doing squats on a bosu ball in no time
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #23
abett07
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

My Pt session today was a disaster , had to cancel in the end.When I was bench pressing the guy wouldnt let me put any weight on , he just kept on pressing down .He says that the down part of the lift is the key to building muscle , I would of thought puttong some big weights on the bar would do the job
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

When a trainer from the gym I use now and then, called me up and tells me he looked at my recordes and they feel they can help me w/o more and increase my drive, and the help with the importance of full body work in weight control.

I reply "Oh you mean more like a bodybuilder?"

Trainer: "Maybe not that intense."

My reply: "Maybe read my profile better bro, I'm a Pro Wheelchair Bodybuilder."

Trainer: "Oh thats cool, Your the one people talk about. Well we are here if you need anything."

Ya, get me a glass of water you brainless shit.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #25
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

Quote:
My Pt session today was a disaster , had to cancel in the end.When I was bench pressing the guy wouldnt let me put any weight on , he just kept on pressing down .He says that the down part of the lift is the key to building muscle , I would of thought puttong some big weights on the bar would do the job
Just curious as to what town/city/state you are in.

You did the right thing in cancelling. That guy was an idiot.

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
When a trainer from the gym I use now and then, called me up and tells me he looked at my recordes and they feel they can help me w/o more and increase my drive, and the help with the importance of full body work in weight control.
Trainers are now cold calling the membership to drum up buisness and increase cash flow?

Maybe if the place actually knew something about it's membership, and had a clue about proper training they would not need to resort to car sales tactics.

Quote:
Sums it up nicely.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post

Ha! That is funny Rich.

Quote of the month.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
negatives movement is important but so is positive. its best to keep a similar tempo on both the up and down movements. Though, there are times when negatives can be incorporated.

Heres the thing. Pretty much anything will work, its all dependent on you and how well you notice your body's reaction. Everyone responds differently to different stimuli. Simple as that. A good trainer will never use "general rules" for all clients. Period. They are able to adapt workouts, nutrition, etc. to their clients. And that kind of knowledge comes with time, experience with their own training, and experience helping others. Plain and simple.

Frankly, most trainers I see in gyms arent even qualified to get Rich his glass of water.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Frankly, most trainers I see in gyms arent even qualified to get Rich his glass of water.
Hilarious
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25

Training Exp: 5 years consistent
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

actually the benefits of eccentric movement is really diminished in trained individuals
JacktheThriller is offline   Reply With Quote