Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 5 years consistent
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

Maybe an article should be written for this board 10 tips to identify a decent trainer
JacktheThriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
smalldon
New Brawn
Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

smalldon is off to a bad start

I had thought about getting one but did not have the extra money. I only want one if they are truly worth it. I have asked a few guys at the gym to help me, and they have done a decent job so far
smalldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
abett07
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

last night I decided to pay for 5 personal training sessions and after talking with my trainer it looks like this is going to be the biggest waist of money I have ever spent

the trainer is of the idea that fat can be lost and muscle can be gained at the same time

no useful advice was given at all, for example all he told me about nutrition was not to have too much take away and that if I knew how much sugar was in a can of coke I would be shocked
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
last night I decided to pay for 5 personal training sessions and after talking with my trainer it looks like this is going to be the biggest waist of money I have ever spent

the trainer is of the idea that fat can be lost and muscle can be gained at the same time

no useful advice was given at all, for example all he told me about nutrition was not to have too much take away and that if I knew how much sugar was in a can of coke I would be shocked
depending on how new you are to lifting it is possible to lose fat and add muscle without too much fuss. if you are a seasoned person, its a lot more tricky. It can be done but its pretty much based on your nutrition and a trainer watching over your nutrition daily to make sure youre on point.

always always always talk to the trainer first AND the trainers clients and request a free session, even if its 30 minutes, just to see if you and your trainer click together.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #15
abett07
Brawn

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

I also want to post the workout he gave me

firstly my lifts

squat 90 KG
dead 105 kg
bench 75 kg
press 40 kg

body weight 85 kilos

everything is 3 x12
day 1
bench press
cable flys
machine shoulder press
db press
tricep cable pulldowns
skulls

day 2
lat pull downs
one arm rows
cable rows
db curls
hammer curls

day 3
leg press
leg extensions
leg curls
seated calf raises

NO squats or deadlifts cause the gains dont justify the risk of injuiry

Last edited by abett07; 05-23-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #16
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn

JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

squats and deadlifts dont have a risk of injury when performed correctly they are safe drop this bozo
Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
I also want to post the workout he gave me

firstly my lifts

squat 90 KG
dead 105 kg
bench 75 kg
press 40 kg

body weight 85 kilos

everything is 3 x12
day 1
bench press
cable flys
machine shoulder press
db press
tricep cable pulldowns
skulls

day 2
lat pull downs
one arm rows
cable rows
db curls
hammer curls

day 3
leg press
leg extensions
leg curls
seated calf raises

NO squats or deadlifts cause the gains dont justify the risk of injuiry

here's the issue. your trainer has been trained by some technical school or strictly by a book. has no real world knowledge. When they go "by the book" they will avoid squats and deads and anything that has the slightest chance of injuring you because they are trained to look out for the gym they work for, as in insurance claims, etc...not you.
Get your money back, and hire a different trainer.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #18
abett07
Brawn

guys some advice please

I went and spoke to my gym about canceling my PT session as I had a cooling off period .They said I can have one free session than next wednesday and than make up my mind

what I am going to do is aks this trainer to teach me perfect form on the following lifts

squat
deadlift
bench press
overhead press
rows both BB/DB
pull ups
dips

If he cant do that than I dont want anything to do with him ,I dont need to pay someone $44 for 30 mins to stand next to me why I am on doing leg curls and extensions

does this sound reasonable ?

cheers
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Quote:
If he cant do that than I dont want anything to do with him ,I dont need to pay someone $44 for 30 mins to stand next to me why I am on doing leg curls and extensions

does this sound reasonable ?

cheers
pretty much that does sound reasonable, I had a trainer an it was the biggest waste of money. I made my gains all by my self, I have know a PT who keeps telling me I am doing everything wrong. Then I which counter back an say, is that why I out lift most of your athletes that you sucked in. If they can not teach you those Lifts then their is no sense of having a PT. IF that does happen I know on youtube you can look through film an some give helpful tips an some show you how to do it.
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn

that sounds like an excellent idea if he tries to fake the form or cant really give you any specifics just "that looks right" then he is garbage. Honestly if your trainer cant out lift you or doesn't have a record of lifting heavy in his past he is garbage. No good athlete uses a leg extension and ham curl to increase performance, they dont mimic real movements hence wont translate well to real world application