Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Building muscle (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9949)

mustgetbigger 05-12-2012 09:00 AM

Building muscle
 
If I decide to do cardio, will this deter my building muscles? I have heard that if you want to build muscles, just lift and stay away from the cardio. I like the idea of cardio, but then again, I must get bigger!

big_swede 05-12-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustgetbigger (Post 240734)
If I decide to do cardio, will this deter my building muscles? I have heard that if you want to build muscles, just lift and stay away from the cardio. I like the idea of cardio, but then again, I must get bigger!

Eat enough whole foods and cardio wont do nothing but good for your muscle building. I wont reccomend running long distance, but instead to keep it short and intensive. 20-30mins is enough of high intensity conditioning work in my book.

Off Road 05-12-2012 10:04 AM

Like Swede said, it is actually helpful as long as you keep it regulated. You can't ride two horses with one ass, so keep the conditioning levels moderate.

bruteforce 05-12-2012 10:17 AM

Sort of depends on what you do for cardio. Running 5 miles a day may set you back a little, running 10 is more likely, and walking a couple miles a day never hurt anyone.

TitanCT 05-13-2012 09:13 AM

if you wanna add mass, you gotta eat the cals you burned, thats why a lot of guys do not do cardio while adding mass. you need to have some excess calories to add mass.

big valsalva 05-13-2012 10:25 AM

Dante Trudel (doggcrapp) says to eat like you're 300 pounds, and do cardio like you're at 8% bodyfat. He advocates fasted cardio, and he's a pretty big fella. I haven't been able to do both for very long, but results may vary. Give it a try and see what you think.

TitanCT 05-13-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 241066)
Dante Trudel (doggcrapp) says to eat like you're 300 pounds, and do cardio like you're at 8% bodyfat. He advocates fasted cardio, and he's a pretty big fella. I haven't been able to do both for very long, but results may vary. Give it a try and see what you think.

D.T. does, but if heis an ectomorph, as i suspect...he shouldnt do much cardio because he's gonna have a hard time bulking as it is. doesnt need to worry about replacing cals that he burned doing cardio on top of trying to beat his metabolism.

DanB 06-17-2012 09:40 AM

Dont see how improving the efficiency of the cardio-respiratory system would effect you negatively aslong as your diet is adequate to match your current goals.. increased recovery times between sets/ workouts removing waste from the system quicker, and increased work rate.. for larger muscle groups such as legs cardio fitness definitely plays a large roll in been able to reach real muscular failure and sustain a workout.

regardless of what training your doing imo cardio is a must, look after the ticker!

TitanCT 06-17-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 251685)
Dont see how improving the efficiency of the cardio-respiratory system would effect you negatively aslong as your diet is adequate to match your current goals.. increased recovery times between sets/ workouts removing waste from the system quicker, and increased work rate.. for larger muscle groups such as legs cardio fitness definitely plays a large roll in been able to reach real muscular failure and sustain a workout.

regardless of what training your doing imo cardio is a must, look after the ticker!

my heart thumps plenty fast lifting weights when im bulking...just sayin
=0 )

DanB 06-18-2012 12:48 AM

Haha! Although i believe there are cardio benefits to weight training I dont think the duration of continued intensity is adequate to properly overload the cardio-respiratory system into increased efficiency... unless your 80 and in cardio rehab lol.. just imo :) .. I have seen a few bodybuilders state they dont do any cardio though.. supose its more about looking fit that actually been fit for them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.