Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
susieQ
Brawn
Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

susieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributor
Default staying energized

My life is so busy that with the kids and my husband and my job, I just do not feel like working out. What are some ways to get more energy so I can focus on lifting?
susieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieQ View Post
My life is so busy that with the kids and my husband and my job, I just do not feel like working out. What are some ways to get more energy so I can focus on lifting?
proper nutrition.
start your day off with some light cardio, it'll wake up your system and get you going.
make time to train, lifting weights will not only benefit your physical health, but it can help your mental health and alertness.

theres three to start. i'll let some others chime in.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

I know exactly how you feel. You feel too tired to exercise, but exercise is the very thing that will give you energy. My advice would be to start simple/slow and add on as your energy increases. I don't know where you are with your fitness level, so it's hard to give specific advice.

On the cardio front -- for me -- I started with just 15 minutes on the elliptical. Thought I was gonna die, lol. Now I do it for an hour. As mom's we tend to put our kids/family first. We do everything for our families. You need to do this for YOU -- you will be happier, healthier, and as a result, a better mom . I look forward to my time working out. Its the only time I get thats exclusively for ME. It keeps me sane -- start small and build, you might find that it's an escape for you!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

When my wife exercises only 2x a week she feels so much better. Occasionally when she gets in ruts I reminder her that she watches 15 hours of TV per week, and that "only" one hour of exercise per week goes a long way. Then I run and hide.

Heck you can even work out while watching TV.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
The personal goals in which you aspire to earn, have to have a "a degree of personal value", and in this personal value, you must apply "enough of you" to get the job done.

How one defines the contents of the personal value, is highly individual dependent.

No matter the definition applied with the individual person, it always boils down to a fight between:

The battles of the head (mental) versus the responses from the physical body (to diet, stresses within environment, etc), and how high the degree of personal value one has toward their goal in order to apply enough of themselves to get the tasks completed that are required.

To be honest: You are no different than anyone else living this life. We all have our lives to live: Responsibilities, children, school, employment, plain suckage days, energized one day and unexplained fatigue the next, unexpected events and circumstances, dealing with assholes, monetary issues, and the list simply goes on.

The complexity and variance of the issues will always seem to vary, but the basic mechanics of your personal goal and diet, will always remain unchanged---no matter how many times you come to revisit this truth, when stopping and restarting your goal, if you quit. It is simply required...you fit in your life, and it is as simple as that, if you want your personal goal.

We at Mab owe you the plain ole' truth, and the aforementioned (IMO), is the cold hard truth of the matter. To me it is the....BASIC....understanding by which everything else follows.

IMO, you self examine yourself, and ask yourself a series of personal questions. And this points directly to how bad....you want and desire your goal; that you are willing to self-examine yourself (employ enough of you temporarily or in some cases more long term) to be involved proactively to circumvent life's....changing variables, to fit in a regular training protocol and if applicable, a diet program. At the same time, however, employing some common sense dependent on what you are dealing with personally.

If you want I can give you many ideas, in how to sit yourself down, and be proactive with yourself, how to (at least IMO, how to properly examine yourself) to deal with--the demons of the self, in order to deal with the demons of life.

If you believe in yourself and what you're trying to achieve, act like it.

Pick up the "pieces" in life and manipulate the knowledge of diet and fitness let it work beside you when the "night comes" that you need it; it leaves nothing left to fear.

Just holler, and I will post it up for you here.

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Find some music that really gets you going, that helps. Coffee too, of course.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
When my wife exercises only 2x a week she feels so much better. Occasionally when she gets in ruts I reminder her that she watches 15 hours of TV per week, and that "only" one hour of exercise per week goes a long way. Then I run and hide.

Heck you can even work out while watching TV.
This is what I do.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
mikethemighty
Brawn
Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13

mikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality posts

Could you get up a few minutes before everyone else and do some work then? You could run on the treadmill for a few minutes. Or use a gazelle. This may get you more energy.
mikethemighty is offline   Reply With Quote