Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Ian McCarthy, the new Bodybuilding Guru

Guy causes quite a stir on Facebook it appears. I've seen his Facebook bodybuilding page and he seems to have an opinion on everything.

I'm not posting this to mock the guy. It is what it is. Merely posting this for discussion. He has quite a following.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-28-2012 at 12:50 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I've seen his vids. I don't know were I would place him in the rack of knowledge vrs real world knowledge and personal experience and results.

I kind of feel like this vid states.

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Maybe his idea of bodybuilding is this:

I don't want to be on the outside of the Abercrombie and Fitch bag. I'll pass, thanks.

I'm not listening to a skinny kid tell me about bodybuilding when his own body (or lack thereof) betrays his supposed depth of knowledge.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

To not be politically correct. I feel the is a key board know it all dope making money off his vids (they all have the add's on them).

Tell tail sign of if its for the money or knowlage.

He is the type that would look at my medical records never meet me, and point blank say, "There is no way in hell he can lift." and state it is pure fact.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-28-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good video you posted Rich.

Time and time again I see e-lifters tell everyone what does and doesn't work, all the while some advanced lifter is off in the gym using it to make gains.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

This guys a **** stick.
I'm sorry, but I have trouble accepting at face value advice from someone who cannot and has not been ever to apply the so called knowledge that he spouts.

I said this in another thread, but:
If you are not currently or have never been at some time in your life buff, strong, swole, ripped, powerful, cut, muscular, yoked or any other word you want to use for someone who has achieved some success as a weightlifter (no matter the goal), then you are NOT qualified to tell someone who is or has been that they are wrong.

This is like the kid who reads every article on the internet about the subject of lifting yet is skinny and/or weak, but goes on the forums and spouts his views and opinions as if they are the gold standard, to everyone and anyone possible.

Just my opinion on the matter. Phonies bother me.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 03-28-2012 at 01:13 PM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Nothing that he said in that video at least seemed particularly off, well he didn't really say much. What else does he go on about?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Nothing that he said in that video at least seemed particularly off, well he didn't really say much. What else does he go on about?
He is known for making black and white statements, many of which go against what experienced bodybuilders are using to be successful.

At least from what I can tell.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Says you can prep for a show eating simple sugars all the time. IE pop tarts.

Claims BCAA's(XTEND fo example) were overhyped by Lobliner, and are not beneficial( despite many studies saying different)

He currently has a $1000 challenge to anyone who can disprove his carbs are carbs , doesnt matter what you eat they all work the same.

for lulz
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
He currently has a $1000 challenge to anyone who can disprove his carbs are carbs , doesnt matter what you eat they all work the same.
That works a lot better when you're 18 and hormonally strong. Like the kid in the response video says, it will catch up to you.

At 44, eating too much dirty food leaves me feeling like a 20 pound sack of crap in a 10 pound bag. Young guys can get away from food murder, and should if it's needed for overall calories. But too much of a bad thing always catches up to you. We all know this.

Just because something can work doesn't mean it's optimal. I can ride a big wheel to the grocery store. Not optimal, but it gets things done.