Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Advanced Bodybuilding & Adaptability

A quote from an advanced bodybuilder...

Quote:
Since my legs are my strong point, I train them only once a week which usually falls on Wednesdays. The workout is rather basic, 10-12 sets of squats with some good mornings and calf raises.
"Only" 10-12 sets of squats. I bet every one of them is ball-busting brutal. I'm sure if I asked him, he would say he's also not very strong and doesn't train for strength. Then I would find out his squats sets are all with 375+ pounds...

Just remember boys and girls...when listening to an advanced lifter, "easy" and "light" aren't generally easy or light.

/The end.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Here's his deadlift day:

Quote:
Sundays are solely dedicated to the deadlift, 10 sets x 4. I always try to be beat the previous week maximum weight. Currently I am lifting around 495lbs.

During the breaks I add some direct arm work, my favorite exercises are pull ups and Zottman curls for biceps, decline close grip bench and rope extensions for the triceps.
10 x 4 with 495 pounds. But he doesn't train for strength

Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

He goes on:

Quote:
I have tried the traditional splits and always felt I was undertraining.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

More,

Quote:
Building a great physique should not be complicated (please note, I did not say it is easy). Most trainees overcomplicate things by following high-volume routines with countless exercises, which only lead to frustration.

This is not necessary! If you master the following five exercises and work on them diligently, in conjunction with a well planned diet, you will make amazing progress.
He goes on to list:

Deadlifts, squats, incline bench or dips, rows and pullups and overhead presses.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I like this guy:

Quote:
You need pulling exercises. In fact most trainees are not evenly balanced (overdeveloped chest) that they should do 3 sets of pulling for every set of pressing.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

More...

Quote:
I feel if natural bodybuilders (beginners or not) focus on these five exercises, they would make a lot more progress than simply copying the latest Flex routine. If you can incline press your body weight, squat twice your weight and deadlift 2.5 times your weight, you have a solid base to build on. For women, its about 2/3rds of the above.
I am not the only lunatic in lifting. I like people who agree with me!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

More...

Quote:
Lifting heavy is a must for any natural trainee, whether he is dieting or bulking.
Modeling pic. All I could find of his physique.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good thread, good stuff Btb.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

On building while staying lean:

Quote:
Instead, try “culking”. Bulk sensibly for 2 weeks, lower your calories for 2 weeks, repeat.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Can you post his name so we can check out his history and credentials?
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote