Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I think a focus on traditional bent legged deadlifts is a great thing. I am the opposite, I focus on squats because I suck at deadlifts. One or the other will serve you well.
flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Guys like Rich Knapp...he's a lunatic! I mean that in a flattering way. He has a drive and dedication that is off the charts. Emeka is the same. He's out-repping me on 405 deadlifts. He's nuts!
Team MAB!!

What an absolutely amazing response BTB. I really enjoyed that. Your understanding of the difference between powerlifting and bodybuilding is refreshing.

You got this flow! That last 5 words of post#6 will help you overcome all.

It's about training the mind.

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

flow, Sorry I'm late. I answer this for you as a pro bodybuilder with hardware from all but 1 of 15 shows, not a P/L or gym rat. I'm the Red Headed Step Child of the forum. lol Here is MY thoughts and oppionion.

So does that mean, that when stalling on one of those I have to check my weakness and train it?
Isnīt that getting INSANE?

Your only as strong as your weekest link yes. NO its not insane. If your weekest link is to week to properly stress the target muscle then it becomes a fail all the way around becuse the weekest link is only worked secondary. How fast would your legs grow if you only did squats every other month. Yes you will make gains I'm not saying you won't but they will be slower than if you slam the secondary to the primary.

Car analogy again. How fast would a jet car be with flat tires? Yes fast and you could keep grinding away and making it faster, but wouldn't it make more sence to repaired the secondary for speed first - the flat tires?

Also with which exercises does someone improves performance on a row pulley or dumbbell military press?

Secondary muscle work,Row Pulley: Hyper extentions (to help stabalize your core), Pull ups, any Bicept work.

Db Military Press: Any Tricept work. Do not use any overhead press machines as they will allow your stabalizers to remain weeker.

I like a ratio of 25% machines (because you can move some serous weight vrs free weight, taxing the main load fibers to max) to 75% free weights so get better range and build stabilizers.

Just wondering-Bodybuilders are no Powerlifters-or should they be seen more similar than i do?
Also Rich Knapps opinion as a Natural BB PRO would be appreciated!

I'm honored for the respect. ^5

Always nice to learn from you guys!
flow
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Flow if this was a general Q? there you go. IF this was a Q for your personal workouts a couple things.

1. If you have never been on stage call yourself a "bodybuilder in training please". No-one is a bodybuilder till they have completed at least one cutting cycle successfully and walked on stage. Till then they are in training.

2. If you are a weight lifter (not a bber in training or P/L ) and less than 5 years lifting, just consintrate on pushing it to the max and don't get fance it will just slow your gain down.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
[B]Your only as strong as your weekest link yes. If your weekest link is to week to properly stress the target muscle then it becomes a fail all the way around becuse the weekest link is only worked secondary.

Quote:
If you are a weight lifter (not a bber in training or P/L ) and less than 5 years lifting, just consintrate on pushing it to the max and don't get fance it will just slow your gain down.
I'm not a bodybuilder nor a bodybuilder in training. But I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around those two statements. To me they seem contradictory. If all three types of lifters start out with the same goals (build size and strength) then why should their beginner rouines look any different?
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
2. If you are a weight lifter (not a bber in training or P/L ) and less than 5 years lifting, just consintrate on pushing it to the max and don't get fance it will just slow your gain down.
I agree with this; at your stage in training keeping it simple will reap the most rewards.

Quote:
1. If you have never been on stage call yourself a "bodybuilder in training please". No-one is a bodybuilder till they have completed at least one cutting cycle successfully and walked on stage. Till then they are in training.
This part doesn't sit well with me. Surely if Flow wants to call himself a bodybuilder, he can. Do we have to police this?

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #17
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I agree with this; at your stage in training keeping it simple will reap the most rewards.

This part doesn't sit well with me. Surely if Flow wants to call himself a bodybuilder, he can. Do we have to police this?

LtL
Haha... we don't have to police it. I just think Rich is someone who really respects the sport and the people who are in it. Problem is, there are not any standards or qualifications to meet that will give you that title. If you want to say your a bber, then you can. And just that easy, you are now a representative of the sport.

Im sure that Rich is only trying to protect the sport, not disrespect anyone.

For me, being a BBer, PLer, or whatever is more of a mental approach to your training, dieting, cardio, etc.

2 cents

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Haha... we don't have to police it. I just think Rich is someone who really respects the sport and the people who are in it. Problem is, there are not any standards or qualifications to meet that will give you that title. If you want to say your a bber, then you can. And just that easy, you are now a representative of the sport.

Im sure that Rich is only trying to protect the sport, not disrespect anyone.

For me, being a BBer, PLer, or whatever is more of a mental approach to your training, dieting, cardio, etc.

2 cents
^5 E.
What people don't know is I also sent a PM and talked one on one with him on everything and how I ment no disrespect.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #19
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

I want to thank all for the answers in my thread.
Sorry that my reply is that late-i was sick and currenlty still am.

Ok to go on the practical side of things.
That is my current training programm and the results after 7 weeks. The last 2 weeks were grinders.

I trained 2x the week.
The Heavy day was always on saturday. On tuesday I changed between LIGHT day and MEDIUM day each week.
So I had in this 7 weeks 7 heavy days and 3-4 light or medium days.

The Heavy days were completeley different in terms of exercises and reps.

The Medium/heavy days included the same exercises but different paramters.
For dumbbells i Listed the weight for ONE dumbbell.

Heavy day: 2x5,1x5-8 reps 3 min rest

Bench press:70x5/5/5 to 75x5/5/9
Row on pulley close grip:60x5/5/8 to 70x5/5/8
Shoulder Press smith (without bar weight):35x5/5/7 to 45x/5/5/7
Lat pulldown hammer strength (plate loaded):65x5/5/9 to 75x5/5/9
Curls with rope:55x5/5/7 to 65x5/5/5
Squat: Technique work

Medium day: 3x8-10 2 min rest

Flat dumbbell bench press feet elevated: 27.5/8/8/10 to 30x9/9/9
Row dumbbels bentover standing: 12.5x8/8/13 to 15x9/9/12
Dumbbels shoulder press seated: 22.5x 8/8/8 to 22.5x10/10/9
Lat pulldown to front V Bar: 60x 8/8/8 to 62.5x9/9/8
Pushdown ropes: 65x8/8/8 to 65x10/10/10
Romanian Deadlift: Technique work with bar.

Light day: 2x12-15 1 min rest

Flat dumbbell bench press feet elevated: 25x12/12 to 27.5x12/13
Row dumbbels bentover standing: 10x12/12 to 12.5x12/15
Dumbbels shoulder press seated: 17.5x12/12 to 20x12/12
Lat pulldown to front V Bar: 50x12/12 to 52.15x 12/15
Pushdown ropes: 50x15/12 to 55x12/18

So thats it.
To mention-I had a break for 6 weeks before starting this programm.

now what do you think would be the next step programm wise?
One option I thought of, would be to switch the exercises of the H and L/M days between each other.
In example the bench press would be trained now light and medium. The dumbbell bench heavy.
Current weight: 89 kg and 20% BF.
flow is offline   Reply With Quote