Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Detailed bodybuilder (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9155)

Rich Knapp 02-29-2012 10:10 AM

Detailed bodybuilder

If you consider yourself detailed and don't own a digital food scale. Invest in one. Not just for your food but also for your supplements. Protein powders are a bad one for the "serving scoops".

There are way to many variables with this and a lot of companies put a over sized scoop with a serving line on it knowing we just scoop and dump what the scoop holds.

This does 2 things. Over serving dose and makes you go threw more of the product.

Whats a level scoop? Level to the top or the line?
Whats a heaping scoop?
Whats a rounded scoop?

Start weighting your liquid and powdered sups and see how much longer they last.

emekajokammor 02-29-2012 12:15 PM

Awesome post Rich! :rockon:

SeventySeven 02-29-2012 01:03 PM

I measure and weigh my food, but i dont weigh to the last gram in a bulk, but in prep every calorie counts!

Fazc 02-29-2012 01:08 PM

I have a rough calculation in my head...

Chocolate has negative calories right? :D

Hazzard 02-29-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 220650)

As long as no one sees you eat it. :D

Rich Knapp 02-29-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 220650)

lol Thats why till now I never logged I take 5g's pure 100% natural cocoa pre and 5g's post w/o's for the antioxidants, People would jump on the refined crap thinking its the same. lol

5g 100% pure baking cocoa is 15 cals, 3 carbs, 0 sat fat, 1 pro.
and over 10,000 anti's (1/2 cup Blueberries is little over 2,000)

I guaranty you that them Girl Scout chocolate cookies are more. lol

Rich Knapp 02-29-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 220647)
I measure and weigh my food, but i dont weigh to the last gram in a bulk, but in prep every calorie counts!

^5 yep bulk is play time but every gram counts to reach your best conditioning in show prep. Thats 75% of the Competitive Bodybuilding sport.

Fazc 02-29-2012 03:17 PM

Hey Rich, serious question for you. I've heard good things about dark chocolate. Whats your take?

Rich Knapp 02-29-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 220683)
Hey Rich, serious question for you. I've heard good things about dark chocolate. Whats your take?

Dark chocolate is the closes to pure cocoa. Don't jack insolent levels like other chocolates. Cutting I will even work Hershey Special Dark Nuggets with almonds into my diet once a week.

2nd best for anti's next to pure cocoa and high in Zinc.

Special dark is all I will eat when I cheat. Less refined, no milk sugars.

Only takes 1/2 as much to satisfy a sweet tooth. :rockon:

Rich Knapp 02-29-2012 03:29 PM

Cocoa and Dark chocolate just got a bad rap just like fats because of it being a sweet and over ate by 99.9% of the population.

If you are looking at it I recommend going with pure baking cocoa and just mix it in a drink or food to take the bitterness away. 1 serving is 5g's. I'd never do more than 1 serving at a time. Thats plenty, it equals 5 cups of blue berries for the anti's.