Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default Cutting or just dropping a few pounds.

People assume this means you have to give up all the foods you like.

This is far from the truth.
All you have to do is make sure they fit in your macro’s for the day. If you want something tomorrow just adjust your meals so it fits for that day.
Enjoying a cut is a blessing. Don’t lose out on it by lessoning to all the so called “Guru’s” out there.

Find a reliable source to find your Lean Body Mass and macro’s. Then know the macro’s of your foods and keep in your macro’s with your foods. As long as you keep in your macro’s everything else will fall in place.

People that make it super hard are just doing it to make themselves look good, smart or don’t fully understand how the body works.
Cutting means loosening weight NOT killing yourself.

Proof is when I getting ripped for a show I make room in my macro’s for pizza, Dark Chocolate, baked potato chips whatever I have a taste for. I just plan out things a day in advance so I know I’ll be 100% on my macro’s. I have many high quality natural pro’s that get as ripped and more ripped as I do and do the same thing with their food to keep sane in cutting.

The key is to know you and your food macro’s. If you keep doing the “counting cals” diet after reading this,

It’s your choice so don’t complain about “Bla and boring meals” .

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

Rich, could you suggest a few sources for finding one's LBM and macro's?
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J_ View Post
A caliper is a good start. It's not perfect but you at least get a ballpark. Also helps to post some pictures and have experienced trainers give you a ballpark.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J_ View Post
The Body-fat Calculator on my site is a very good general starting point, and best one for the most accurate pinch test (7 point ) to find LBM that I have found. As you loose weight then you have to add 2 % b/f, when you get below 10% by the calculator findings.

Calculators Bodybuilder Rich Knapp – Freak on Wheels

B/W= body weight first thing in morning after first pee and no intake of anything)

B/F= body fat

LBM = lean body mass

B/F/W = body fat weight

B/W x B/F % = B/F/W then take B/W - B/F/W = LBM

You will be able to loose all this and be ripped as all get go. The reason being is buy the vereable it is off by the amount of fat you need to maintain life. The pinch test don't calculate your Visceral fat or abdominal fat also known as organ fat or intra-abdominal fat, or your Intramuscular fat or Intramuscular triglycerides that is located throughout skeletal muscle and is responsible for the marbling seen in certain cuts of beef.

This is were all but the Ultra Sound or Tank are inaccurate and people so badly under estamate there B/F %.

The exact and personal macro's has a lot of variables to them. Age, Metabolism type, activity levels, amount of sleep. There isn't any set chart with them for that reason. I do like using the "Build muscle & burn fat" part of the calculator below the B/F one on my site (just because the macro's are so close to what true cutting ones are, without doing all the manual figuring every time) for a base line starting point at a 40-40-20 ratio. Then leave the proteins and fats at that level and adjust the carbs as needed.

You would need to track and tailer the macro's to your needs when you find the right point were you drop weight. Then stick to them and only adjust as needed.

This is were no one has the dedication now days, and we feed the fitness industry's wallet. Now days everyone want things handed to them without any effort on there side. "A QUICK FIX"

Be one of the few. Do your research, keep a log and make progress. While keeping that hard earned cash in your pocket.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 02-24-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote