|02-20-2012, 09:16 AM||#1|
Manlet of Malice
Join Date: Aug 2010
5 quick tips for BB'ing newbs.
1. stop weighing yourself and freaking out about your BF%. Besides competing and trying to land in a specific weight class, those numbers dont necessarily matter as much as what you see in the mirror. This is a visual sport. Which brings me to...
2. use the mirror and/or pictures to judge your progress.
3. lift as heavy as you can with solid form.
4. stretch during and between exercises, when youre muscle is full of blood.
5. DIET IS KING, stop overthinking high reps, low reps, etc when it comes to cutting or bulking. speaking purely from a bodybuilder point of view, the truth is different rep ranges work better for different muscle groups. Hell ive seen people lose fat and add muscle during a prep. The better you know the science AND art of nutrition, the more power you have over your body.
|02-20-2012, 09:32 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
When you look in the mirror look for semitry. With Great semitry you look bigger and should beat and un-symetrical guy bigger than you.
You may find your worst body part area will be the w/o you hate the most. Learn to love every workout.
DFAC Wheelchair Rep.
"3D Muscle Journey" Sponsored Athlete
"If you think your lean enough. Your 4 weeks out, keep going."
|02-20-2012, 10:30 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Disney Land
Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
I openly admit i'm guilty of #1 but have taken the attitude of "Get as shredded as possible!" lol
Very, very, sound advice
|02-20-2012, 10:55 AM||#4|
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
#4 is one that I admit seldom think about. I am so focused on setting up for the next lift, I don't even think about stretching to take advantage of the situation.
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)
Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375
Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)
"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran
1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
|02-20-2012, 02:10 PM||#5|
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Join Date: Jul 2009
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
For example, high rep overhead barbell presses never worked well for me, but 20 rep single arm dumbbell presses were a much better choice.
Rep range can be muscle and lift specific.
|bbing, newbs, quick, tips|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Quick Hit AI sportsnutrition Recover Pro||Learn||Supplement Reviews||0||06-03-2011 11:59 AM|
|Quick Question||MMA Max||Muscle Building and Bodybuilding||5||05-17-2010 03:45 PM|
|Quick Health and Fitness Tips by Dr. David Ryan||Dork McSchlorp||General Board||0||10-16-2009 12:14 AM|
|Quick Tips to Boost Your Metabolism||Iron Gladiator||General Board||0||07-04-2009 02:53 PM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|