Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
flow
Brawn
Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26 Points: 1,940, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts
Default Training on the Cut

Hi there,

ITs best when you use one goal not 2.

This is the same in my case. After dieting down from 98.5kg and 23'%BF to 83kg and 16%BF I tried goin for recomp and landed now at 88kg and 19%BF.

I am not satisfied at all-so I think goin for bulking phases (in a reasonable amount) and cutting phases is more productive.

So the road I need to take now would be cutting.

How to organize training on a cut is splitting opinions.
What are yours?

My Current schedule is a HLM template.
H day 2x5+1x5-9
L day: 2x15
Mday: 3x8
full body.

So the question. Should I leave the training as it is? Should I eliminate the high reps? Cut some sets?
Training as normal and trying for Prs when possible?
LEaving the paramters and weights exact the same for the cut and change nothing in this time.(no exercises,no paramters-no periodization)

I will cut slowly. I would start with a 300 kcal deficit a day and adjust from there.
I donīt want to loose again that much lean mass form the first cut.

Thank you naturals!
Flow
flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
70sBB
Brawn
Points: 1,504, Level: 22 Points: 1,504, Level: 22 Points: 1,504, Level: 22

70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts

I was wondering if you should keep training the same or not. I know high reps for cutting is myth.
70sBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Don't change anything right off the bat. Get your diet dialed in, continue to train hard and add cardio slowly as needed. This is the advice I see parroted but I believe it is sound.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I've done it both ways, but generally the safer way would be to keep everything the same and manipulate diet and/or cardio (not a big fan myself). That's the least hardest to mess up.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
flow
Brawn

flow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good postsflow has made some good posts

ok thanks.
So the training should be "independent" of my diet used? So periodizing and training as normal?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flow View Post
ok thanks.
So the training should be "independent" of my diet used? So periodizing and training as normal?
Diet and training can be adjoined together for a dual purpose when one and the other are mutually important--for a specific purpose. Many forget the absolute power of macro-manipulation. For example: Manipulate carbohydrates at a certain personal level, with the purpose of lowering and/or depleting glucose storage (in liver/muscle, etc). Along with a higher rep routine, where the purpose of the higher rep count is to solicit more usage calories from carbohydrates during the course of the routine. Separating diet from routine, is not always true; its personal variable dependent.

With that said, there is nothing wrong with lifting heavy with basic rep scheme, adjusting calories to lose tissue (and keeping macros relatively normal under the deficit foundation) to see how your body responds. As time moves on, you may or may not have to make refinements dependent on bodily response. But give it adequate time.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 02-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
flow
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Diet and training can be adjoined together for a dual purpose when one and the other are mutually important--for a specific purpose. For example: Manipulate carbohydrates at a certain personal level, with the purpose of lowering and/or depleting glucose storage (in liver/muscle, etc). Along with a higher rep routine, where the purpose of the higher rep count is to solicit more usage calories from carbohydrates during the course of the routine. Separating diet from routine, is not always true; its personal variable dependent.

With that said, there is nothing wrong with lifting heavy with basic rep scheme, adjusting calories to lose tissue (and keeping macros relatively normal under the deficit foundation) to see how your body responds. As time moves on, you may or may not have to make refinements dependent on bodily response. But give it adequate time.

Hm that 6-pack looks MEAN!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
ok thanks.
You know that's a good question and I think Chillen probably knows more on the subject than I do, but adjusting your diet to suit your training should probably make for a more effective and productive diet.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
flow
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
You know that's a good question and I think Chillen probably knows more on the subject than I do, but adjusting your diet to suit your training should probably make for a more effective and productive diet.
Thank you faszc.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Hm that 6-pack looks MEAN!
Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am about 3 pounds heavier, and leaner than the most recent pic. I have tried (maybe not hard enough) to keep a log here on Steve's forum, but can't keep motivated to keep it. The reason is I keep an extensive personal log (One Note, Excel, etc) and I am VERY independently strong in what I want to do; maybe Steve can bust my balls and get me motivated to post in it:

With that said, always stay within your heart in what you want out of diet and fitness; listen to yourself in what you want and need from it. This will assist you in staying motivated. Second, educate your path in which you desire. Starting this thread was a good start. Independently study calories, macros, and how to manipulate these according to your personal particulars--as you train and diet on-the-go. This education will assist you in problematic times where you need to make adjustments/refinements according to bodily feedback. Instead of having thumb up butt, you will have knowledge to base a plan of action on the problem experienced. Your best friend in your goal is education. While the deity is the structure within yourself to implement and apply what you have learned.

Have a great day, young man.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote