Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Violent Volume
Brawn

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts
Default Bodybuilding rant

Bodybuilding rant I found by Bob Cicherillo. Even the beefmasters get flamed.

Quote:
"GOD help you all is right. I've never seen such ignorance and un-willingness to learn from someone who has tried ALL the things you have. I'm actually appalled at the attitude that some of these teenagers and guys in their early 20's have.

Somehow, with only a few years of actual training under their belt...they've figured it all out already!!! Most of these guys have never even stepped on a competition stage!?!

There is a reason that we are called PROFESSIONALS. None of us got there by accident. And none of us got there by thinking we "knew it all" when clearly we knew two things....JACK and SHIT!

Funny thing is, there's always an excuse as to why they dont look like a pro, have any muscle, compete, etc. It must be because of steroids!! Yeah, thats it.....The pro's havent been around the circut for 20 years because they abuse the piss out of AS, it's the rank amateurs that do....THINKING that's what the Pro's do!!

I'm here to try and lend some much needed advice to whoever appreciates a PRO BB and his accomplishments...If you want to learn...GREAT. If not, I could care less....keep listening to guys who spend more time on the boards than in the gym, and guys SAYING they know what their talking about, but never actually putting their concepts into action.......

It's no wonder the teen BB shows I've seen over the last few years are producing physiques that are a joke. I've seen top national teens that couldn't have placed in the top 15 at that level...back in the 80's!!!"

Bob Cicherillo IFBB Pro
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good on ya Bob.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I don't see what you call BeefMasters getting flamed.

I just see him flaming the people that never been on stage thinking they know all about bbing.

I may get flamed but I see what he is saying. I see so many never on stage people bash myself and other PRO Bodybuilders they say great job, you look good but then turn around in in next breath bash what you did and do to get to were you are.

Quote:
Funny thing is, there's always an excuse as to why they dont look like a pro, have any muscle, compete, etc.
I agree with this 100%. I have seen this in 99.9% of people that start out and then quite and never do the bodybuilding show they planed on.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 02-12-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

There's a lot of people on the interwebs that have extreme opinions or stances on either bodybuilding or powerlifting that have never done either. I think it's ok to weigh in with an opinion, but to take extreme stances or make absolute statements about something which you have never done is ignorance at it's finest.

Just my opinion.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I don't see what you call BeefMasters getting
Bob was flamed over and over again on BB.com before making that post. His articles were ticking off the green horns.

That's why I made the above statement. Kids were mocking his advice.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post

I agree with this 100%. I have seen this in 99.9% of people that start out and then quite and never do the bodybuilding show they planed on.
That's pretty much the same with any goal, fitness, diet or personal.

I guess the difference for me is attitude. Even people doing oddball programs like P90x are still working hard and trusting someone for guidance. But so many kids now-a-days know everything and won't listen to anyone with experience.

I had my ass handed to me over yonder this week for telling a kid that benches 135 or whatever to stop focusing on muscle confusion and move some iron.

Both me and you listen to more experienced lifters and know what we don't know.

My point is that failing to reach a goal is one thing, but being a know-it-all is another. I try to learn everything from everyone at all times and apply it to my circumstances.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

he shuoldnt waste his time on bb.com. no one lifts over there.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote