Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   this is how NOT to do db pullovers.. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8933)

TitanCT 02-09-2012 01:54 PM

this is how NOT to do db pullovers..

its a back and chest exercise, not a tricep extension, Doc.

Tannhauser 02-09-2012 03:40 PM

They look fine to me? Bent arms, but not much elbow extension going on. I used to do them like that, albeit with a greater range of motion.

miked96 02-09-2012 04:40 PM

It looks like to me hes doing PJR pullovers. They are a great tricep exercise.

Rich Knapp 02-10-2012 07:18 AM

TitanCT if this is the wrong way, can you please post a video of the wright way?

Just posting this vid and saying its the wrong way helps no one. Just bashes IFPA Pro Bodybuilder Layne and NPC bodybuilder Aaron.

Just saying.

miked96 02-10-2012 08:17 AM

We can turn this into the pullover thread!:)

Heres how John Meadows had me do them.

Also if you get a chance. My gym has the old Nautilus pullover like Yates uses in his videos. They are a great exercise!

Rich Knapp 02-10-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miked96 (Post 215589)
We can turn this into the pullover thread!:)

Heres how John Meadows had me do them.

Dumbell Pullovers - Version 1 - YouTube

Also if you get a chance. My gym has the old Nautilus pullover like Yates uses in his videos. They are a great exercise!

Nautilus Pullover: Casey Viator - YouTube

^5 continues tension.
Above 45 deg. it becomes a Tri lift. Cross bench gives more stretch if you drop the hips. I have to do them as you do them. ;) but used to do them cross bench.

The best case senareo is a machine like the Nautilus were you push with the elbos. This keeps continues tension on the Lats and core threw the whole range, no Tri's. Just many gym's wont have it because it is such a detailed machine and the general public wont even know what it is for. Just like a Sissy squat bench.

Rich Knapp 02-10-2012 08:40 AM

When you do them "wrong" it allows you to use more weight and have the Db really stretch the crap out of you.

I like going as heavy as I can because I am so tight, to the point it pulls my core up and I have to be held down. With real light weight I also take a big breath then go down, exhale everything, then come up. Heavier I blow out on way up.

bamazav 02-10-2012 08:42 AM

Classic BB used to use the DB Pullover a lot. Most often after doing heavy squats, theory being that they helped enlarge the rib cage. Two types, that hit the body in slightly different ways. The second video ( in the thread), referenced to Meadows, are considered straight arm pullovers. These were one of Grimek's favorites.

Rich Knapp 02-10-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 215600)
I believe Bam was refrencing the second video in the thread, the first video that Miked posted.

Ya I miss read so deleted my post. I'm a little dyslexic and the commas threw me at first.

bamazav 02-10-2012 09:04 AM

I was referring to the literal second video ( the one of the guy laying length wise on the bench), not the second video posted in that particular post. I have no clue about any machine exercises because I do not use the machines, except for cables and leg extensions.

While the arms are not perfectly straight, they are straighter in that video than the first (Norton's). It is difficult, if not near impossible to keep the arms perfectly straight when using any weight. Old school advise ( not the way practiced today, as see in the videos) was not to go over 25 lbs, but to focus on the stretch.

Sorry for the earlier grammar issues, not my strength. My wife is my grammar checker.