Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   traveling (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8640)

newbzlift 01-17-2012 02:12 PM

traveling

Next week, I will be traveling for a few weeks. I am not sure if my hotels will have a gym or not. If they do not, what do you recommend to train my muscles? I would just take a few weeks off but then I worry that once I try to get back into a routine, I will not want to do it.

tank 01-17-2012 02:23 PM

i have no clue about your goals or your body, but here's a generic list of things you could do:

pushups 5 sets to failure

air squats (squats with no weight) 5 sets to failure

crunches 5 sets to failure

pullups/chin ups 5 sets to failure (if you have access to a bar)

you can superset any or all of these for added aerobic effect.

ricka182 01-17-2012 02:45 PM

I recco doing what Tank has suggested, using a no-rest style for the extra cardio benefit. You could also do planks for core...so try doing one set of each excersise to failure, rest 60 seconds, then do it all again, and again, and again, etc...repeat until you're beat down and unable to hit one rep for any of them..

TitanCT 01-17-2012 02:47 PM

I rec a find a nearby gym and pay for a day pass.

Tannhauser 01-17-2012 04:18 PM

Personally, I would try to find local gyms and do whatever took my fancy. But I wouldn't sweat it if I couldn't find one. There's more to life than lifting. :)

TitanCT 01-18-2012 02:56 PM

The hell there is Tann...well not for me.

Tannhauser 01-18-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanCT (Post 208725)
The hell there is Tann...well not for me.

Good for you! I admire your dedication.

Jesda 01-18-2012 07:34 PM

I agree that a one day pass at a gym could do you good. I would personally try this.

TitanCT 01-19-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 208789)
Good for you! I admire your dedication.

Hmmm. Thats kinda how this works....im not any more dedicated than the majority of this forum. Maybe you should learn something from that.

Beast 01-19-2012 03:16 PM

Burpees! No equipment required and not much space either. If you can spend 10 minutes doing them every day you will be off to a good start.

You can also make a cheap disposable weight by buying one or more of the largest water container you can find, drinking the water, and then filling it up with water or other stuff (depending whats convenient/acceptable where you're staying).

Alternatively if you are going to be staying near the coast, take a strong canvas holdall type bag and fill it up with sand to make a sandbag. With such implements you can do Cleans/Presses/Snatches & Overhead squats at minimal cost. Also you will be the envy of all the other hotel guests*

I used these + bodyweight circuits when I was backpacking for several months and it worked out well, I felt good and stayed healthy and motivated.

*They may just think you're weird and avoid you.