Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default Natty Bodybuilder Pete pulls 805 raw.

Natural Bodybuilder in his 20's, and freind Pete Rubish

805 lbs. Raw, He knows it wasn't 100% lock out but close and a great lift.

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

20 years old
bodyweight ‎235
Ammonia is what he is sniffing in the vid.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 01-15-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

I really hate to be the skeptic but in checking on the 100% RAW tested Natural records he not only broke every one of them in every weight category but he shattered most of them.

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/recor...0%28Men%29.pdf

Now making a pull in comp is a lot different than one in your basement but he is approaching superhuman status and pulling more than most unnatural lifters that train for years would ever pull in their lives. I hope the kid is natural and he goes to a highly respectable meet and gets tested and breaks these records cuz he is a beast but i can't seriously believe he is approaching the pinnacle of raw lifters in that being Ed Coan who was not natural and he is doing it completely natural.

Deadlift world records
181 791 Ed Coan USA 1984 USPF
198 859 Ed Coan USA 1985 USPF
220 901 Ed Coan USA 1991 USPF
242 887 Ed Coan USA 1998 USPF

Men's Raw World Records | Powerlifting Watch
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
I really hate to be the skeptic but in checking on the 100% RAW tested Natural records he not only broke every one of them in every weight category but he shattered most of them.

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/recor...0%28Men%29.pdf

Now making a pull in comp is a lot different than one in your basement but he is approaching superhuman status and pulling more than most unnatural lifters that train for years would ever pull in their lives. I hope the kid is natural and he goes to a highly respectable meet and gets tested and breaks these records cuz he is a beast but i can't seriously believe he is approaching the pinnacle of raw lifters in that being Ed Coan who was not natural and he is doing it completely natural.

Deadlift world records
181 791 Ed Coan USA 1984 USPF
198 859 Ed Coan USA 1985 USPF
220 901 Ed Coan USA 1991 USPF
242 887 Ed Coan USA 1998 USPF

Men's Raw World Records | Powerlifting Watch
He does P/L in off season and holds a few USA records and missed the worlds record for his weight class last meet from a grip failing.

WI natural beef.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Chiming in here with my 2 cents.

Rubish = beast. Much respect for him. No damned way any of us will every get close to 800 raw even if we were pinning. I have no interest in speculating about what he does behind closed doors nor do I give a shit quite frankly.

The only thing I can say is that when an athlete reaches a level well beyond elite and attaches the label natural to their name they better be willing to back it up by competing in legit feds that do test.

I don't think most of us here care if lifters gas or not. We respect the man and the iron. Speaking as an ancient sot who has been around the block too many times I will say that I have seen far too many men over the years abuse the title natural and it gets really old.

Question for Rich: is Pete Rubish posting the title "natural" to his name because I don't see that in the videos?
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Chiming in here with my 2 cents.

Rubish = beast. Much respect for him. No damned way any of us will every get close to 800 raw even if we were pinning. I have no interest in speculating about what he does behind closed doors nor do I give a shit quite frankly.

The only thing I can say is that when an athlete reaches a level well beyond elite and attaches the label natural to their name they better be willing to back it up by competing in legit feds that do test.

I don't think most of us here care if lifters gas or not. We respect the man and the iron. Speaking as an ancient sot who has been around the block too many times I will say that I have seen far too many men over the years abuse the title natural and it gets really old.

Question for Rich: is Pete Rubish posting the title "natural" to his name because I don't see that in the videos?
I know he is and he competes Bodybuilding in INBF (tested) so he gets polyed tested at each show and urin test when he wins his class. Yes he is natural he has tons of people that know everything about him and can back this also.
He just lifts, watches his macro's and all else comes 2nd. He has tons of w/o vids on line also showing his progress.
He has a goal of being the best Natty in BBing and P/L and nothing is going to stand in his way.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 01-15-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
jslep
Max Brawn

jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

I agree 100%!

The guy is a beast no doubt!

I could care less if he's natural or enhanced.......honestly makes no difference to me at all.

But like was said if your are going to claim "natural" and you acheive the impossible then expect critics and skeptics and be willing to defend yourself with concrete proof.

I too am wondering about the fact if Pete is claiming "natural" that is a great point.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
jslep
Max Brawn

For the record he has only done one show in Oct 2010 not that it has any bearing other than he is not a multi time per year tested athlete by any means. He has been tested with a polygraph once and looks fully legit natty in the photos of that show. I think it would be misleading to make it seem like he has been tested multiple times and never failed.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Some guys are just really gifted in particular lifts. What is his squat, bench, and press like in relation to his deadlift?
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Some guys are just really gifted in particular lifts. What is his squat, bench, and press like in relation to his deadlift?
along with hard @ss work the last few years.