Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Bench and squat aren't as phenomenal. Kind of like Chris Hickson.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Interview here: Seriouspowerlifting Interview With Pete Rubish

Quote:
Looking back at my training logs, I was deadlifting 230 pounds for five reps when I began training. On March 30, 2008, I pulled 400 pounds. On March 1, 2009, I pulled 500 pounds. On August 22, 2010, I pulled 600 pounds. On April 22, 2011, I pulled 700 pounds. Currently, my best deadlift is 755 pounds, but I expect 800 to be destroyed in the very near future.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Some guys are just really gifted in particular lifts. What is his squat, bench, and press like in relation to his deadlift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
along with hard @ss work the last few years.
I totally agree with both statements but don't quite understand how either would validate whether the young man is a true "natural" or not.

I'm just goin of the #'s.

He competed in April 2010 as a pure natural from what i seen in his photo's and according to his weight. Everything seems very legitimate. At the time he was a very lean 173. By april this year he is on pace to be a extremely lean 240 lbs. This two year span of wicked gains raises an eyebrow i'm sorry.

Now he has not competed in a natural show again nor does it seem as though he has any plans to in the really near future. What i do know is he is going to compete in a totally untested UPA federation against some of the top untested Raw lifters in the country. Once again this raises an eyebrow.

He has also only lifted for by his own account for 5-6 yrs. The fact that anyone could be naturally stronger than a human who gassed for twice as many years as Pete has even been training and holds world records in 4 weight classes (Ed Coan) but Pete is naturally gonna break his records before he hits his mid 20's seems pretty far out there.

This kid is amazing but the facts point to some unnatural substances involved. I truly hope if he is saying he's natural that he is cuz i want to believe the human body is that crazy. This kid want to pull 1000lbs from the floor RAW. That my friends is Donnie Thompson strong.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Out of respect I don't think it's fair to attach labels to any lifter, "natural" or "steroid user". If they decide to call themselves natural so be it. Has it been fair to Rubish to attach this title? Look at what it causes. I mean no ill feelings towards anyone on the forum but I don't see Pete Rubish labelling himself as natural on his videos.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Great pull! Check out the belt he is wearing also, haha!

Dont look at because he lifted in a nontested powerlifting organization that means he is on AAS. BtB and myself had this converstation the other day, sometimes that is just where the best competition is. Also most testing in powerlifting feds are a joke.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Dont look at because he lifted in a nontested powerlifting organization that means he is on AAS.
I don't think that to automatically be the case no just simply saying it can be one of the factors that could raise an eyebrow. I posted many other reasons why it could be thought he is unnatural as well to that.

Quote:
Out of respect I don't think it's fair to attach labels to any lifter, "natural" or "steroid user".
Very valid point. And no i don't think he is labeling himself as a "natural" but i did see in a comment he made to another person about one of the vids that he is 100% natty still.

Just one more point i would like to make here is if we are all to believe that the accomplishments of a AAS user can just as well be obtained by a complete and total natural than what is all the fuss about in the first place. We have been told forever that steroids give one athlete a clear and decisive advantage over a pure natural athlete. Now i'm only going off of the world record by a AAS user and saying if that is achievable by any natural individual than by default the argument of steroids giving another athlete the advantage would be over.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #17
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
From 400 to 700 in just over 3 years! He went from 600-700 in half the time it took him to go from 500-600. That is insane! And that 805 looked mighty close and is probably a matter of a few months before he nails it. Oh, and no wraps!!!
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpinos View Post
Out of respect I don't think it's fair to attach labels to any lifter, "natural" or "steroid user". If they decide to call themselves natural so be it. Has it been fair to Rubish to attach this title? Look at what it causes. I mean no ill feelings towards anyone on the forum but I don't see Pete Rubish labelling himself as natural on his videos.
No he don't. I just know he is because he is a friend and I have followed his progress.

I just put natural because if I didn't because of the lift and his age people would jump and think otherwise, not realize he started lifting at 15 and is 20 now, comes from a lifter family background and has a big advantage just from that over the average person.

I know a few Teans here in WI that started at 15 and now are natural beasts. Look at the guy Lance I personal work with, he's a natural teen.

These are the future as we were for the Golden age builders. These kids are taking advantage of all the science behind it now days. We are just to darn stubborn to except it. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lance1.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	3828  
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #19
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Been following his progress for a while on youtube now and he is an absolute beast. His last heavy deads video was 785 single followed by 410x33, thats just crazy.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Been following his progress for a while on youtube now and he is an absolute beast. His last heavy deads video was 785 single followed by 410x33, thats just crazy.
yes, he has the work ethics of a 30 year old pro. Its just insane.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote