Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Looking for a workout routine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8573)

tchronbon 01-12-2012 11:36 AM

Looking for a workout routine

Hi im 17 and i weigh 120 i am looking to bulk up in muscle and be really cut at the same time so if anyone can set me up a workout routine and help with a diet that would be amazing!!! I will tell you anything else you need to know about me to help you set it up THANKS!

tank 01-12-2012 02:18 PM

you should look into starting strength. let me know if you're interested. :rockon: :biglifter:

Off Road 01-12-2012 02:34 PM

For lifting, I'd start by reading and learning from these articles...
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/ful...on-thread.html

jasonjduke 01-14-2012 03:32 PM

Plan for progression and grow into the weight on the bar.

To stay cut eat beans and whole grains. Avoid white flour and candy and juices as these are the culprits that make you soft in the belly and head.

Go for 8-12 reps if you want to go for the muscle build.

Squat
Bench
Row

Eat

Sleep

Repeat

After 3-4 months do 20 rep breathing squats like your life depended on it. Actually start light and work into the weight. This will kick your butt into the floor real easy. Work into the high reps squats.

An old school guy named Peary Rader was 120 pounds with elbows bigger than his biceps and knees bigger than his thighs. He did those 20 reppers and grew like a weed and put 100 pounds on 2 years and won several weightlifting competitions.

He was the one who founded the Iron Man mag.

tank 01-14-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjduke (Post 207597)
Plan for progression and grow into the weight on the bar.

To stay cut eat beans and whole grains. Avoid white flour and candy and juices as these are the culprits that make you soft in the belly and head.

Go for 8-12 reps if you want to go for the muscle build.

Squat
Bench
Row

Eat

Sleep

Repeat

After 3-4 months do 20 rep breathing squats like your life depended on it. Actually start light and work into the weight. This will kick your butt into the floor real easy. Work into the high reps squats.

An old school guy named Perry Rader was 120 pounds with elbows bigger than his biceps and knees bigger than his thighs. He did those 20 reppers and grew like a weed and put 100 pounds on 2 years and won several weightlifting competitions.

He was the one who founded the Iron Man mag.

while i don't agree exactly with all of this, i felt the need to mention that this post has something special about it. i won't ruin it by trying to describe it.

jasonjduke 01-15-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank (Post 207604)
while i don't agree exactly with all of this, i felt the need to mention that this post has something special about it. i won't ruin it by trying to describe it.

Interesting reply for plain simple advice and a story of a legend that has been passed down over the years. No need to agree or disagree. Ruin it? :confused:

My time here has come and gone...

Off Road 01-15-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank (Post 207604)
this post has something special about it. i won't ruin it by trying to describe it.

That was kind of cryptic. Did you like it? Not like it?

Off Road 01-15-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjduke (Post 207597)
do 20 rep breathing squats like your life depended on it. Actually start light and work into the weight. This will kick your butt into the floor real easy.

My biggest periods of growth were always around high rep squats or high rep deadlifts. It really increases the appetite and the combination of food and hard work will really get the growing started.

tank 01-15-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 207741)
That was kind of cryptic. Did you like it? Not like it?

i do like it very much i just can't explain why. the comment was meant as a passive praise, but didn't come across that way in text.

i just dont agree with a couple of the training tips, that's all.

Off Road 01-15-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank (Post 207837)
i do like it very much i just can't explain why. the comment was meant as a passive praise, but didn't come across that way in text.

Been there...Done that - lol