Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Im just gonna say this. I worked two jobs at once for a time. Uabout half they tme they would take up anywhere from 14-17hours of my day...and i still found time to train.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

I also work alot and having alot of other things going on, I do make time to lift or exercise atleast 4 days a week, preferably, more. If I am able to lift and progress, I feel much better in all areas of life and Iam much happier and more effective. The iron gives me energy to suceed.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

The difficult and simple truth is that people have time for what they want to have time for. For me, training is just like working (which is one of the reasons I prefer to train on work days). If I have to work, I train. I will often be a tad bit late for work to get my training in on some days.

As Swede said, it sets the foundation for everything else I do. You have to take care of yourself and function as close to 100% as possible, in order to be able to take care of and give to others.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
The difficult and simple truth is that people have time for what they want to have time for.
Quote Worthy
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Quote Worthy
Agreed....well said MC
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
I also work alot and having alot of other things going on, I do make time to lift or exercise atleast 4 days a week, preferably, more. If I am able to lift and progress, I feel much better in all areas of life and Iam much happier and more effective. The iron gives me energy to suceed.
No disrespect to Swede or anyone else, but if you need anything beyond your own desire to lift heavy stuff regularly, then you're in the wrong sport and you need to find your outlet somwhere else.
Now, if you are actually into lifting heavy stuff and you despair about "time" to lift. I think that usually means you love to dabble at lifting heavy stuff and yet you want to be monster strong.
Well, doesn't work like that. Commit. For years at least. Maybe decades. And you will shock yourself, and everyone around you who hasn't seen you in a few years.

The iron tantalizes you as it does us all, but until you commit you are wasting your time.

Just saying.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
The difficult and simple truth is that people have time for what they want to have time for.
That sums it up. My wife claims she never has time. the first question I ask is...

How much TV do you watch a week?

Most of us probably watch at least 15 hours a week. If you can't find the time to drop 1/3rd of that then you want your TV more than you want to exercise. It's not rocket surgery.

I personally save my TV time for the weekends. In this day and age of TiVo, Hulu and On Demand, I can pretty much watch what I want, when i want to watch it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Upon reflection, I apolgize for the tone of my previous comment. It could be construed as insulting and that was not my intention. I am sorry about that.

My intention was to say if you really want to reach your goals (bigger? Stronger? Other?) than you need to make the time or you will not reach them, certainly not very quickly. I assumed your question was based on the idea that you want something, but don't seem to be trying very hard to find the time to make it happen. That assumption is insulting. Again I'm sorry.

However, you may literally be asking something more along the lines of "I don't have the abilty to do most of the workouts I am seeing online because I do not have the ability to workout as often as they call for, but I still want to try and reach my goals to the best of my ability so what do I do?"

If that's the case, then you just have to what you can do. I remember reading an article about Arnold where he said something about his life being so crazy, he barely had time to train anymore, so he just did as much as he could in whatever time he could squeeze out. If it was only one day a week running stairs and doing pushups in a hotel somewhere, then that's all he did.

I believe anyone can find the time to do some pushups and body squats, etc. But, even if you truly can only workout once a week, then so be it. Look around for some bodyweight routines, stuff you can do anywhere with no equipment. If you can only hit a gym once a week for an hour, then look for a fullbody routine that hits the all major muscles. Etc.

Every step in the right direction is one step further from where you are now.

Hope that helps!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

We were talking earlier in the post farming thread about the impact of organization. In the military every detail of my daily life was defined...when I slept, when I ate, how much I exercised. When I left the service I gained weight and stropped exercising as much.

I think what this tells us is that we need to make a plan and allow for no leeway. Find 2 hours a week to workout, and workout. If it's viewed as an option it will become an option.

Easier said than done, I know...but having a defined time to lift is much better than saying I will lift twice this week.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #20
KBKeith
New Brawn
Points: 215, Level: 4 Points: 215, Level: 4 Points: 215, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

KBKeith is off to a bad start

I do 2 days a week after work. Right after work. This way I know I will be able to squeeze it in.
KBKeith is offline   Reply With Quote