Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Workouts getting boring (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8388)

seth78 12-29-2011 04:11 PM

Workouts getting boring

My workouts have started to bore me. I have been lifting for about a year. What do you do to help keep boredom at bay?

bruteforce 12-29-2011 04:13 PM

Heavy deadlifts and squats. When its enough weight to crush you, there's never a dull moment. They being said, maybe its time for a new routine. I don't know that I've seen a log for you on here, what have you been doing and what sounds appealing?

Rich Knapp 12-29-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seth78 (Post 202218)
My workouts have started to bore me. I have been lifting for about a year. What do you do to help keep boredom at bay?

You have a partner?

Hazzard 12-29-2011 04:23 PM

What's your training looking like at the moment buddy? If you're doing something that makes you have continuous progress then that can help drive away your boredom.

Tannhauser 12-29-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

There are a gazillion different routines or approaches to lifting at your fingertips. Everything from Doggcrapp to Smolov, from Westside to Reg Park's bodybuilding routine. Just try something different.

Off Road 12-29-2011 04:49 PM

If you are still doing well with your routine, I wouldn't change just because you're bored. Perhaps reward yourself with something fun and interesting at the end of the workout. Get your main work done and finish with sled work, maybe a new lift you want to try, or some extra arm training, or whatever flips your skirt.

Fazc 12-29-2011 04:59 PM

I've never been bored with training. If it did bore, me I would do something else.

angie828 12-29-2011 05:11 PM

Work out with someone if you are not already. Switch up your music. Change your routine. Maybe you need some switch like this.

runwithme 12-31-2011 04:05 PM

I like the idea of a reward. That makes sense to me. If your routine is working for you then do not change it. Maybe change the time of day you do it?

Chillen 12-31-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

There are far too many unanswered questions to pin point why you may becoming bored in your workout routine. This can be highly personal, IMO. Can you provide more relevant information to assist us to help you?

For example:

"Why" are you lifting and "what" have your goals been the last year? What routine (s) have you been following? What have your progress been like?

Have you asked "yourself" why you are getting bored?

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

One step at a time you are moving forward and this prevents you from staying in the same place and being stagnant.

The best way to predict your future is to create it:

The decisions you made yesterday determined where you are today.

The decisions you make right now, will determine where you are tomorrow.

Examine why you are getting bored, and ignite passion by finding what you "truly" want out of fitness.