Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
In the big federations there are differences of opinion over minor issues/substances, but one of the primary reasons for all the federations is simply due to region.

There are probably 40-50 different federations in the US along for both powerlifting and bodybuilding.
Thats twice i was trumped today......
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
jslep
Max Brawn

jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
It's been shown after 7 years any benefits are gone.
I can't totally agree with this. If Flex Wheeler jumped into a natural show now that he has gone all natural he would have a distinct advantage due to the massive amount of size he put on as a IFBB pro. I don't think muscle memory and muscle belly size are completely lost due to gettin off the gas i don't care how long you're off. I know multiple ex-users at my gym that walk around beyond natural potential to this day from years of use in their past.

Quote:
I don't care if a person uses or not. Its there choice. I only feel if you do then compete against others that do. If you use and compete against people that don't and don't get caught it just shows your to scared of loosing going up against people in your class. What does that say about there character?
This statement couldn't be any more true. Well said Rich.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Most of them are determined by areas. East coast, West coast, North, South that sort of thing. So the federation you belong to is often times determined by where you compete. At the higher level it is more limited on federations you just need to compete in a recognized smaller fed and win a card to reach PRO level.
You can only win a WNBF card at a INBF Pro Qualifier show. They have there over sea's INBF show's under another fed name (NBFI) but still the INBF. INBF is the USA name. WNBF is the World wide name for there natural Pro division.

IFPA there are a few small feds you can win a IFPA card at just in the USA.

UNITED STATES
NANBF - North American Natural Bodybuilding Federation

OCB - Organization of Competitive Bodybuilders

UNBA - United Natural Bodybuilding Association

Many people find a fed that fits them and there supplementing needs AKA Band list.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Someone says bodybuilding and people think about NPC and IFBB right off the bat. If you like drug free bodybuilding check out one of these feds.

Here is a list of NATURAL Feds.
There is more also. Don't just think NPC/IFBB and drop it or put all bodybuilders into one group of the freaky big (NPC/IFBB style) please. Thank you much.
It's very true but that's normally the ignorant on the subject as well; I have to add, though, that any person who lifts weights, male or female, is automatically associated, in people's minds, as being a steroid user. The mere mention of a bodybuilding or muscle style training forum, results in comments about steroids and continually having to correct and inform people of natural bodybuilding/weight lifting even for those that are just recreational lifters, and it does get very old.

The problem is, many have ever only seen images of the likes of Arnold and may not even know there is a difference between that and natural or even that natural bodybuilding even exists.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #15
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
I can't totally agree with this. If Flex Wheeler jumped into a natural show now that he has gone all natural he would have a distinct advantage due to the massive amount of size he put on as a IFBB pro. I don't think muscle memory and muscle belly size are completely lost due to gettin off the gas i don't care how long you're off. I know multiple ex-users at my gym that walk around beyond natural potential to this day from years of use in their past.
But here we are again to this show shape and size. As you know there is a big diffrence between gym size and 100% true show shape. How much size do there people have and are able to keep cutting down and not using?

I won't argue the Flex and size deal but you are going way over there. How many IFBB pro's are going to go off for 7 years and try to compete natural?
Theres no money in natural that why so many go NPC/IFBB.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
jslep
Max Brawn

Agreed i did make a extreme example with Flex to make the point but i still think you would have an advantage if you had used for lets say 10yrs of your life and maybe competed NPC and then when you were 35-40 yrs old you wanted to go dominate the natural scene cuz you had now been clean for 7 yrs.

I understand what you are sayin with show quality and gym quality physique. My point is genetic potential was still surpassed and 7 yrs off is not gonna take 100% of that away.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Agreed i did make a extreme example with Flex to make the point but i still think you would have an advantage if you had used for lets say 10yrs of your life and maybe competed NPC and then when you were 35-40 yrs old you wanted to go dominate the natural scene cuz you had now been clean for 7 yrs.

I understand what you are sayin with show quality and gym quality physique. My point is genetic potential was still surpassed and 7 yrs off is not gonna take 100% of that away.
In my eyes, they're clean 7 years and want to compete natural.
Let the federation they pick deal with it if its a problem.