Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
wimpy
New Brawn
Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

wimpy is off to a bad start
Default Biceps and triceps

What are some really good ways to work these? I have decided that if nothing else I need to have some good arm strength. What do you all do to make yours bigger?
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Rows and bench press of different variants.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

For most, if you're really worried about it, it's best to start with the "big-boy" compound lifts and then you can finish with an isolation exercise. For instance, doing Bench press, then shoulder press, and finally a couple of sets of triceps extensions. Or doing Chin-ups, then rows, and finishing off with a couple of sets of curls. The big-boy lifts will have the most benefit, so DO NOT LEAVE THEM OUT!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

What do I do? Pull ups, rows, bench press and dips. Oh, and now that I've been lifting for a number of years I might throw a few curls in at the end of a session every now and then.

I don't do nearly as much arm work as the guys at the gym. That's why my arms are so small.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11_21_11#2.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	3747  
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

I'm pretty small and weak in my arms, but they've gotten stronger so take my post as you will. As it's preached, always do the big lifts first. You know, your pressing movements. Get in your dips, pull ups and rowing movements as well. Along with weight gain, that will build some pretty strong bis and tris. Once you get a decent foundation down, maybe add in some curls and other triceps exercise. I always do extra chin ups and a few sets of curls on my press days. Once a week with that slight emphasis on arms should help out quite a bit. It has me, and I don't necessarily hit them nearly as hard as some guys.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote