Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
seth78
Member
New Brawn
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 47
Reputation: 260
seth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good start
Default Inspiration

Is there anyone who gives you inspiration? I am inspired by a guy at my gym named Frank. He was the one who got me hooked on body building. What inspired you to begin body building?
seth78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
mab54
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
mab54's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 1,955
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
Reputation: 26024
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine
Default

It may not be body building but Misha Koklyaev is one of the reasons I love powerlifting and strongman.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Chillen
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Chillen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,908
Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Reputation: 138561
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth78 View Post
Is there anyone who gives you inspiration? I am inspired by a guy at my gym named Frank. He was the one who got me hooked on body building. What inspired you to begin body building?
The entire quote, is literally speaking to the definition of: Self Perception, and how this passes through your personality traits, to bring about inspiration, and ending with motivation.

Motivation is always within.

Simple: Its my wife, with the all the hardships she endures, is always strong, always putting herself last, never complains, and always trying to be better than the day before. Physically she has all the conditions set for self pity, self doubt, and under-achieving.

There are so many things I learn from her.

But, STILL its my perception and the way I choose to view what I see.

In this I see this, which we all can learn from with various persons whom seem to have much less, but much appear to have much more as compared to others:

The most beautiful discovery is making true friends with yourself.

There is no copy. You are the ground breaker. They threw away the mold.

When you're a beautiful person on the inside, there is nothing in the world that can change that about you.

Look inside. You have self-confidence, self-worth, and self-acceptance.

The Lesson: If you can accept yourself the rest of you will accept you.

This is why she has so much, while others are POOR though having much MORE.

======
There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:

This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.

When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.


One is simply what they choose to be with what was given them. You just have to look at the pieces--correctly for you.
__________________
Age: 53

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:


At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
mab54
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
mab54's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 1,955
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
Reputation: 26024
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine
Default

^ someone just put my post to shame lol
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
JTurner
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
JTurner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 1,548
Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
Reputation: 57913
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
It may not be body building but Misha Koklyaev is one of the reasons I love powerlifting and strongman.
One of my favourites too, would like to see him compete some more in powerlifting. Last thing I heard, he was returning to weightlifting. Favourite video.

__________________
JTurner's Eat, Lift, Eat Log
JTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
MikeC
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
MikeC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 415
Reputation: 6734
MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor
Default

There is a petite 50-something woman at my gym who inspires me. She is always there working hard. Though she uses some machines she is pushing herself, and she has an amazing body to show for it. She is quiet, unassuming and focused.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
Off Road
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
Off Road's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,606
Reputation: 786994
Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!
Default

this guy...



Big, strong, older, natural, and helpful to all.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,799
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

That means a lot coming from you OR.

And I find inspiration from this guy:



I find my inspiration from all of you that are working hard. It's good to be surrounded by successful, hard working people. It keeps me driven, focused and able to see possibilities instead of limitations.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
Jamesw
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 1,398, Level: 20 Points: 1,398, Level: 20 Points: 1,398, Level: 20
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
 
Jamesw's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 165
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: plyo pistol
Reputation: 6910
Jamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributorJamesw is a consistent contributor
Default

Really loud heavy metal.

Other than that my latest inspiration are the MMA guys. They are true atheletes.
__________________
"When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character." -Henry Rollins
Jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
seth78
Member
New Brawn
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 47
Reputation: 260
seth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good startseth78 is off to a good start
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
The entire quote, is literally speaking to the definition of: Self Perception, and how this passes through your personality traits, to bring about inspiration, and ending with motivation.

Motivation is always within.

Simple: Its my wife, with the all the hardships she endures, is always strong, always putting herself last, never complains, and always trying to be better than the day before. Physically she has all the conditions set for self pity, self doubt, and under-achieving.

There are so many things I learn from her.

But, STILL its my perception and the way I choose to view what I see.

In this I see this, which we all can learn from with various persons whom seem to have much less, but much appear to have much more as compared to others:

The most beautiful discovery is making true friends with yourself.

There is no copy. You are the ground breaker. They threw away the mold.

When you're a beautiful person on the inside, there is nothing in the world that can change that about you.

Look inside. You have self-confidence, self-worth, and self-acceptance.

The Lesson: If you can accept yourself the rest of you will accept you.

This is why she has so much, while others are POOR though having much MORE.

======
There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout:

This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision.

When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.


One is simply what they choose to be with what was given them. You just have to look at the pieces--correctly for you.
Wow your inspirations put everyone's to shame! They are some good inspirations to have.
seth78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
inspiration


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More inspiration!! Ryano Powerlifting & Strength Training 7 07-04-2012 09:50 PM
Contest - Post Inspiration and Win BendtheBar General Board 47 08-31-2011 01:32 PM
An old inspiration Bruce Randal Grim83 General Board 6 02-28-2010 11:28 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.