Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I wasn't speaking in a HIT sense. I was refering more to the fact that if you worked your way up to a max set of squats, followed by a bit of volume, and followed that up with the same intensity on a couple of upper body movements, there'd be little left in the tank. I also believe in what Wendler dubs the "Jack Shit" workout, where you just work a big lift into the ground, set a good PR, and leave.
Yep, hard to argue against that.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

I always just take as long as I need. A high number of sets, whether that's via volume of work sets or building up to a max, takes a long time. As long as you feel like you're benefiting from your time in the gym and aren't hitting the point where you're physically and mentally exhausted and/or hungry then take as long as you need.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #13
runwithme
Brawn
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

runwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality posts

I have before. It is nothing for me to go for a run and run for half an hour or so and then go and lift some weights or whatever. I think you just need to be careful when you work out so you do not injury yourself.
runwithme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

I also take however long i need. I average 2-2.5 hours in the gym, which includes 30-45 minutes of cardio.

This would be a problem if it wasn't for my extensive athletic career. Plus, in my 4 years of college football my S&C coaches believed firmly in 90min strength training, 30min conditioning. So when i begin bodybuilding that was what i felt was protocol.

Because muscles build up tolerance over time, i believe that in order for me to over train it would have to be intentional.

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #15
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

IMO, it depends on what you want out of your training. If you want to get cut, lose weight, "lean up", work out as long as you can. If you want to get strong, load the bar to failure, which usually takes less than one hour.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I also believe in what Wendler dubs the "Jack Shit" workout, where you just work a big lift into the ground, set a good PR, and leave.
I do this several times a month.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote