Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   pull/push/legs bulk 100% natural need feedback (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7880)

fqqs 11-11-2011 11:58 AM

pull/push/legs bulk 100% natural need feedback

what do you think about this routine:

4x6 straight sets (+low rep warmup)

Mon - PULL
  • Deadlifts 4 x 6
  • Rows 4 x 6
  • Wide pullups 4 x 10
  • Curls 4 x 6,8,10,12
  • W.crunches (db behind head,laying on a bench) 3 x 15

Wed - PUSH
  • Flat bench 4 x 6
  • Military press 4 x 6
  • Chest dip 4 x 10
  • Skullcrushers 4 x 6,8,10,12

Fri - LEGS
  • Front squat 4 x 6
  • Bulgarian split squat w/ db's 4 x 10
  • Leg curls 4 x 6,8,10,12
  • Hanging leg raise (nearly straight legs, not fully relax abs between reps) 3 x 12

what do you think about that? thank you for any sugestions.

Soldier 11-11-2011 12:21 PM

What are your goals and what is your current ability level? What's the main thing you want to do, i.e. gain muscle, cut fat or get stronger? What kind of diet are you planning to pair with this routine?

Tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get a better idea of wether this routine will work for you or not.

Without knowing more about you it's hard to say for sure, bit I like the plan you have so far.

fqqs 11-11-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 188254)
What are your goals and what is your current ability level? What's the main thing you want to do, i.e. gain muscle, cut fat or get stronger? What kind of diet are you planning to pair with this routine?

Tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get a better idea of wether this routine will work for you or not.

Without knowing more about you it's hard to say for sure, bit I like the plan you have so far.

im 5 7 height 165lbs , 2 years training experience. want to gain muscle&strength without adding too much fat. diet: 200g protein, almost 400g carbs (whole grains, veggies, some fruits), 95g fats

my stats: bench 90kg x 4, front squat 90kg x 6, deadlift 140kg x 6 (overhand grip) , military press 46kg x 6

BendtheBar 11-11-2011 12:32 PM

On paper it looks reasonable. If combined with a defined progression approach and a solid eating plan it will definitely help build muscle.

What is your lifting background and current goals?

Soldier 11-11-2011 12:48 PM

It looks like you have a solid plan. It's basic too, which is a plus in my book. Like BTB said, progression is king. Try to add weight to the bar as often as possible, and don't be afraid to tweak you're diet up or down based on how you are gaining. I know for me personally I can't go to far over maintenance because I gain weight very easily. Keep track of your bodyfat somehow to make sure you aren't gaining too fast with your plan.

fqqs 11-11-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 188263)
It looks like you have a solid plan. It's basic too, which is a plus in my book. Like BTB said, progression is king. Try to add weight to the bar as often as possible, and don't be afraid to tweak you're diet up or down based on how you are gaining. I know for me personally I can't go to far over maintenance because I gain weight very easily. Keep track of your bodyfat somehow to make sure you aren't gaining too fast with your plan.

i tend to gain fat much faster than msucle so i m on 100% clean diet, no junk food. 100% motivated. obviously ill try to add wieght each workout if i can.

both of you mates look very strong. thanks for replies. sorry for bad english.

Shadowschmadow 11-11-2011 01:03 PM

Looks like a solid plan. Keep measurements so you can gauge progress. The scale and mirror like to lie, and it can be false encouragement or discouraging at times.

BendtheBar 11-12-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fqqs (Post 188267)
i tend to gain fat much faster than msucle so i m on 100% clean diet, no junk food. 100% motivated. obviously ill try to add wieght each workout if i can.

both of you mates look very strong. thanks for replies. sorry for bad english.

No worries at all. We're here to help. Let us know if you have any other questions.

big_swede 11-12-2011 08:56 AM

I would supplement the bulgarian split squats for back squats and do them first on leg day. Good luck man!

hugerobb 11-12-2011 01:17 PM

sounds like my plan except mines in reverse