Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default Bodybuilding inside world.

I see a lot of posts about a bber size, weight or how much he or she weighed at a show.

I will be honest and pull the plug here. Not to start anything just a cold hard fact. Remember I have done 15 shows (only 4 were in a w/c) and preped for 2 guest posing.

I bber don't really care about his weight it is only a tracking tool. Everything is how you look in the mirror.

Show day your weight is nothing unless you are borderline for a weight class. Also your weight will all depend on when and how you carb up and your water intake.
Everyone that don't compete and even some beginers think you cut water a few days out and carb load the night before. This is far from the truth.
It may work for some but not all. Some guy it worked for years ago, got it in a mag with a interview and *BBOOOMMM* its the thing all do. NOT.
Peek week for everyone is diffrent bringing things like your weight and size diffrent each day pre show, diffrent for everyone.

I will blow some minds here. Body manipulation example.
April 2011- Centeral USA on the left, Sep 2011- Cardinal on right.
16" arms day before the Buckeye(left), 15" day before the Cardinal(right).(yes a full inch smaller from a full depleation, were in April when I didn't depleate) (Pic's is un-altered, just a prime example of carb swelling and look over tape or scale)(I know my arms sweld well above 16" show day.)
I only measured for tracking fullness the day before the show. I also use a thumping method. Accusal arm size this measurement would be FALSE and a bogus reading due to how I personally do my show prep.

Fully deplete your muscles of Glycogen for a few days and they will suck up 4X what they will normally hold for a short time. (1 day). Called "Carbing up" but done wrong or not fully depleted you do whats known as spilling over. This comes from to many carbs not water. (The extra carbs spill over between muscle tissue and carbs hold water thats were water got the dirty rap.)

I hope now you all see why asking a bber his show weight or size is like asking what weight and size a sponge is. Makes no sense, to many variables can change size and weight, even though the number of fibers remain the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	compair.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	3499  
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links