Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

This probably isn't helping much, but Michael Phelps needed to consume 12,000 calories per day so he didn't lose weight when in training. Even if this is a bit of hyperbole, which I don't know that it is, it hints at the fact that "exercise" comes in all shapes and sizes.

Most people I see workout out at gyms aren't training hard.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #42
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Most people I see workout out at gyms aren't training hard.
There is a BIG difference between someone "workingout" and someone training, IMO. Someone "workingout" is there to burn a few calories and social bullshitting. Someone "training" is there for a purpose, be that lose weight, gain weight/mass, or get stronger. People who train, are much more focused and therefore put more effort into it. They have a specific goal in mind.

I still firmly believe that most people try to overthink training. This thread is a prime example of that. Set your goal and train to get there.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #43
Livingitup48
Brawn
Points: 2,076, Level: 27 Points: 2,076, Level: 27 Points: 2,076, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Livingitup48 is off to a good startLivingitup48 is off to a good startLivingitup48 is off to a good start

Good point. I guess we all see people using the same weight and going through the motions.
Livingitup48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #44
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I still firmly believe that most people try to overthink training. This thread is a prime example of that. Set your goal and train to get there.
I disagree that this thread is an example of overthinking. The problem is that most poeple don't think enough, think "properly", or are pro-active in their personal education on--what they want, which can create "I have a problem I dont know what to do", etc, etc. Society is getting lazy. Right at their finger tips is a wealth of information (correctly deciphered), but yet fail to use it properly. Makes one think, what they did (to iron problems and what not) when PCs and the amount information that we have to day wasnt as readily available--but yet---they learned.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 10-09-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote