Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
gtrain
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: dead lift/squat
Fav Supp: clout/blue gene
gtrain is off to a bad start
Default Want to go on a good bulk

Hello,

I would love to go on a good bulk cycle this winter. I am very small for a male (5'5 and 140lbs @27yrs old....fml) and feel like I really need to add weight as I can not add height.

I was doing cross fit earlier this year and loved it but 1)obviously not good for bulking and 2) no longer live by a cfit facility. I have been looking at the workouts listed under muscle building section. Is there one that would be better than another? Any recommendations? I would ideally like a 4 day split routine.

As far as diet, I live in South Korea currently. I have a little extra money which is good b/c protein here is ridiculously expensive....chicken,beef etc is a lot. So is protein powder. (140 dollars for 6 lbs) But I do have a limitless supply of rice so my carbs will be very easy to come by. Will white rice be ok to eat? They have brown rice and I will try to get in when ever possible but white rice is like water here.

I plan on doing eggs and oatmeal in the morn with some fruit, lunch is usually rice and some veggies and sometimes protein (not all the time) but when it is there I am going to load up on it. Dinner will most likely be chicken breast and veggies. Then hopefully almonds whole milk and protien powder shakes throughout the day. Fish is also abundant here which is good. Also, there is no non stick cooking spray so everything from eggs to chicken I use olive oil to keep it from sticking. This should help with the good fats.

Post workout I am going to try and find a Korean BBQ place which will provide lots of pork and rice.

So anything advice that can be offered would be very helpful. I feel like it is impossible to gain weight as I tried last year and I gained about 13lbs in the year and that was eating any and everything. Thus, I am open to all tips and criticisms. Thanks for your time/help.
gtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links