Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #161
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

5kg makes some good points. I personally don't plan weeks off. I save them for when I am sick, or for holidays and special events. But if you are feel drained, it surely doesn't hurt to take a few days off every 2-3 months.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #162
Ken Adams
Brawn
Points: 397, Level: 7 Points: 397, Level: 7 Points: 397, Level: 7
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: upright rows
Fav Supp: Fried chicken & potato's
Ken Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good posts
Default focus

Yesterday heavy workout

DB overhead press
27.5kg - 6, 5, 4 reps

squat
80 - 5
85 - 5
90 - 3

wide grip chins
3 x 5

BB flat bench
75 kg - 5
80 kg - 5
82.5 kg - 4
I had to switch to flat bench as the gym was ridiculously busy! I Want to be supportive but its frustrating, one good day of weather and everybody who has sat on their arse all winter eating junk decides its time to trian chest & bi's half heartedly. One day when I aam uber wealthy i am going to build a full gym next to my house

I Know how selfish that sounds forgive me.

DB curls
17.5 kg - 5 x 3

it was a good workout but iam looking forward to tomorrow!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #163
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Adams View Post
I had to switch to flat bench as the gym was ridiculously busy! I Want to be supportive but its frustrating, one good day of weather and everybody who has sat on their arse all winter eating junk decides its time to trian chest & bi's half heartedly. One day when I aam uber wealthy i am going to build a full gym next to my house

Doesn't sound selfish at all; we have a really small gym here, and if one person is using the lone barbell, nobody else can deadlift/squat/bench/zercher squat/hack squat/Bb OHP...etc until they finish. I'm thankful, therefore, that I have a home set-up but I'll go to the gym on the odd occasion, once my prepaid 10-visit card is used up, basically just to keep my membership fresh and my face known.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #164
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Not selfish at all. The world is filled with 80% goofballs. That's why I train at home.

Keep crushing it hombre.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #165
Ken Adams
Brawn

Ken Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good postsKen Adams has made some good posts

HAHAHE thanks, and yes the world at times do seem to be about 80% idiots

I went to bed last night 100% healthy and then in the middle of the night i woke up with a really tight and painful neck and shoulder. ended up having to get a super painful massage today and looks like i am off training for the rest of the week at least!

I never get injured at the gym and then my bed beats me up while i am asleep ridiculous.

live large
Old 11-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #166
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Happens to my back all the time. Rest up.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #167
Ken Adams
Brawn

Default Return of the king - just playing

so a week and a half off training, it was so good to get back today.

i did not try to push too hard i just eased back in and enjoyed it.

the goal was 3 sets by 15 reps

DB overhead press
17.5 kg - 15
17.5 kg - 15
17.5 kg - 10

One arm DB row
20 kg - 15
20 kg - 15
20 kg - 10

Incline DB bench
17.5 kg - 15
17.5 kg - 15
17.5 kg - 12

leg curls

leg extension

BB curls
20 kg - 15
20 kg - 10
20 kg - 10

abs

Just cruzed through to check the neck was all good but its sooooo good to be back.

Peace
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #168
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Welcome back. Have a good week crushing the iron.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #169
Ken Adams
Brawn

Default loooove summer

Good day,

still taking it fairly easy my neck was a little sore after thursday but hopefully next week ill be back 100%

today 10 reps by 3 sets

Upright row
30 kg x 10 x 3

pause squat
60kg x 10 x 3

flat BB bench
60 kg x 10 x 3

close grip chins
3 x 10

seated DB curls
12.5 kg x 10 x 3

even though i am only training at 80% atm next week i should be all good just dont to re-injure it straight away lol
Old 11-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #170
Ken Adams
Brawn

ahhhh my shoulder is still not quite there!!

had a session yesterday but still only about 80%, very frustrating.

All well I guess patience is a virtue

I hope everyone is training hard!!