Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #61
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Understanding clothing cuts is critical. Few clothes are made for men with athletic builds, with or without the belly.

I have to buy big and tall dress shirts, for example, but department stores don't carry neck sizes over 18, so I have to go to Men's Warehouse. The problem with having an 18+ neck is the clothiers then make the torso a tent because they expect you to be shaped like a balloon.

So, I have found that I have to buy slim fit as those shirts are tapered more, like my own torso. So, a slim fit 18.5 36/37 shirt isn't tight, it fits me like a 15 33/34 would fit a regular sized guy.

Moral of the story is: Try on everything before you purchase for fit and buy the size and cut the fits the best, even if it doesn't seem like what you should wear.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #62
mohiz
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Understanding clothing cuts is critical. Few clothes are made for men with athletic builds, with or without the belly.
Yeah, all of my shirts just make me look fat Except the skin-tight ones, but I don't like to wear those since they're uncomfortable.

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF
mohiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #63
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Layne off-season, a few weeks ago.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1379377_10201569438109959_16101403_n.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	11377  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #64
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Never posted in this thread before, but I still find myself thinking that a good pump and enough protein is gonna add an inch to my arms over night. It still hasn't happened. What am I doing wrong?
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #65
Nephilim
New Brawn
Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 1 year in powerlifting
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Power Cleans
Fav Supp: Whole Eggs
Nephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality postsNephilim has made some quality posts

I don't think modern bodybuilders look good. I also think the older guys like Reeves look much better. And are some of these guys rolling around in barbeque sauce before hitting the stage? Some of it looks more like a circus than a show to display a superior human physique.
Nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote