Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My 13yr old Daughter made the connection with arm training. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6847)

glwanabe 07-19-2011 09:35 PM

My 13yr old Daughter made the connection with arm training.

So, I haven't really trained in 3 months, and I've lost some size. Most noticeably in my arms. Where at one point they were pushing 16", they are now 14.5". I have lost some weight, and have been under a lot of stress, and I'm nearly 50, so there are multiple factors involved in how fast my body seeks balance.

I lifted when I got home last night and as I was sitting on the chair in my room, my 13yr old walks in. She remarked, "What happened to your arm, it use to be huge and have a big bump?"

I explained that basically what I said in the first paragraph, and that I hadn't been training my arms. She got a very puzzled look on her face, and asked, "What have you been training?"

So I proceed to show her the program and actually act out the moves of my program, which is olympic lift based. After showing her a,

Deadlift
Front squat
Overhead press
overhand chin
Dips

She says, "All of those moves work your arms!" I think she would have liked to have included "Dumbazz" in that sentance as well

Then I explained that I was not doing BB curls. Know what she said. "SO! You're still working your arms with the moves that you showed me!"

I do have to agree with her that I'm working my arms, but not in the context that so many would consider as an arm routine. She see's the connection of those moves to an arm workout. She doesn't do this, because she is my Daughter, and is around me. She saw this because she wasn't worried about building arms, and being fixated on the idea.

The next time you think you need MOAR arm work remember this. A 13yr old girl has better sense than you do.

sleepingdog 07-19-2011 09:42 PM

There is wisdom in this post.

Much wisdom.

Abaddon 07-19-2011 09:45 PM

great little one you have there.

Spartigus 07-19-2011 09:46 PM

I think this quote should go down in history

"The next time you think you need MOAR arm work remember this. A 13yr old girl has better sense than you do." - glwanabe

CoopDawg 07-19-2011 09:47 PM

this is awesome

sleepingdog 07-19-2011 09:48 PM

I hope my girls are able to keep me on the straight and narrow the same way!

glwanabe 07-19-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingdog (Post 154311)
I hope my girls are able to keep me on the straight and narrow the same way!

I have a bad feeling that I'll get a call from the school principle about my youngest.

Mr. GL, we caught your Daughter running a three card monty, and a dice game in the hall. She was caught with nearly 2K in other kids money.

She keeps her 18yr old Sister on her toes.

BendtheBar 07-19-2011 10:05 PM

Her picture warms my heart. What a beautiful kid. Wish our daughters could meet.

Quote:

She says, "All of those moves work your arms!" I think she would have liked to have included "Dumbazz" in that sentance as well

Then I explained that I was not doing BB curls. Know what she said. "SO! You're still working your arms with the moves that you showed me!"
Behold, the power of common sense.

Quote:

She saw this because she wasn't worried about building arms, and being fixated on the idea.
Quote of the month.

A chip off the old geezer block.

glwanabe 07-19-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 154323)
Her picture warms my heart. What a beautiful kid. Wish our daughters could meet.

She stares at the gallon cans of nacho cheese sauce in the store, and says, I want that for Christmas Dad. You, and her would get along quite well I think. Although, she would cut you if you took the last scoop of cheese.

One day we shall have an event from which our Familys will meet. There will be loud music, and meat roasted over an open fire. :rockon::biglifter::thrasher:

BendtheBar 07-19-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 154325)
One day we shall have an event from which our Familys will meet. There will be loud music, and meat roasted over an open fire. :rockon::biglifter::thrasher:

I hope soon. Catch me in the right month and we will road trip.

Nacho cheese...yes sir. Every time I pass that big can in Walmart I feel like I am 6 again, staring at the latest, best toy I want for Christmas.