Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Weight Training + INSANITY (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6610)

CoopDawg 06-21-2011 09:42 PM

Weight Training + INSANITY

This is what me and my trainer have been doing and i want you guys opinions, We train a bodypart a day, get some protein in and then go hard on insanity. The only body part not being hit super hard with weights is legs due to insanity already crushes legs, the most we are squatting is 225 for reps!!!! My question is, ive already lost a couple pounds and im still feeling strong, With a good diet could i be losing fat and controlling/maintaining or gaining muscle..

BendtheBar 06-21-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 147033)
With a good diet could i be losing fat and controlling/maintaining or gaining muscle..

You could be.

A few pounds doesn't say much though. That could be a hefty deuce or some temporary dehydration.

CoopDawg 06-21-2011 09:49 PM

The could be part sounded nice, haha bu you are right it could be either of those 2, i guess ill run the insanity for the 60 days with my weight training and see where i stand in 2 months

CoopDawg 06-21-2011 09:57 PM

Btb i need your expertise, While running this insanity serious cardio, should i not overtax my muscles and sort of basically have a 5/3/1 approach without the rep approach. Such as not used the many of exercises i could use, such as back day, maybe just rows and chins, and chest day, bench press, shoulder-btnp or ohp with maybe some laterals, and arm day just some bb curls , closer and wider grip for inner and outer bi head, with some dips for tri's, SORRY IF THIS IS CONFUSING SORRY LOL

CoopDawg 06-21-2011 09:59 PM

I try and mostly listen to my buddy, he knows his stuff, but my mab feedback is important also

dmaipa 06-22-2011 12:43 AM

what's your goal? to gain muscle or lose weight. like i said in your post working 10-13 hours of manual labor + Weight Training + INSANITY = Extreme amounts of calories burned.

Trevor Ross 06-22-2011 01:19 AM

Sounds like you're trying to ride two horses with one ass to me. Now you don't have to be a fat slob, but when trying to bulk up leave the intense cardio in the toilet (nothing wrong with going for brisk walks or bike rides), and put the INSANITY where it belongs, which would be the in weight room of course.

Carl1174 06-22-2011 03:41 AM

I honestly cant see you maintaining much muscle with type of approach, 5 days of weightlifting is taxing enough, but add the INSANITY to it and then the manual job and the fact that you are young and quite lean anyway i really cant see you holding on to any muscle i have to admit mat.

If you really want to do INSANITY then do it twice a week and 3 days of heavy weight on the other days.

IF you are eating enough good quality food then you may keep the muscle and lose some fat, but seriously it sounds to me like you are doing WAY too much. OK so Im not a trainer, but i have a bit of experience and quite a lot of common sense.

Carl.

Rich Knapp 06-22-2011 07:04 AM

Thats a lot of work and no recovery.:(

rippednmichigan 06-22-2011 07:36 AM

If your buddy is a trainer/bodybuilder then listen to him and do what he says. Do your time then see where you are.