Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I agree with Ripped. One voice. One plan. See it through.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
I honestly cant see you maintaining much muscle with type of approach, 5 days of weightlifting is taxing enough, but add the INSANITY to it and then the manual job and the fact that you are young and quite lean anyway i really cant see you holding on to any muscle i have to admit mat.

If you really want to do INSANITY then do it twice a week and 3 days of heavy weight on the other days.

IF you are eating enough good quality food then you may keep the muscle and lose some fat, but seriously it sounds to me like you are doing WAY too much. OK so Im not a trainer, but i have a bit of experience and quite a lot of common sense.

Carl.
Thanks for the reply everyone, and carl i like this approcach ill see what the trainer has to say
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I agree with Ripper and Ltl here...following the plan is of utmost importance. Staying on a plan allows you to focus on progression and food and recovery without having to worry about what you're doing next.

If you are still doing all that manual labor, Insanity won't be needed. If you want to get shredded and are doing crazy manual labor, all you will need is a solid diet and persistence with the weights.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #14
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

I no longer cut grass all day, I still cut on saturdays but i have about 45-50 hours a week at the coca cola plant, im unloading drinks all day and stocking the shelves, alot of lifting all day, and will start driving a truck in a few weeks, we work at our own pace, i do tons of lifting but i dont feel like i get enough cardio so i will slack back on the insanity but will stick with my program
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn
Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43 Points: 4,707, Level: 43

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Agreed with everyone in here stating to drop Insanity...it's not necessary. If you are rapidly losing weight and it's after the initial phase where you drop a few lbs of water in the first week or so, your calories are not high enough to support your current lifestyle. The manual labor type work serves as cardio, the only thing adding more cardio do would be allowing to take in more calories and hence reducing your deficit, which you seem to be in (hence, rendering the extra cardio useless). If you are only tracking your protein, there is no way of telling what your exact caloric intake is, and you will be relying solely on the scale/mirror. This will most likely cause you to be running on 1500 cals or so when you begin to stall, feeling like shit, lethargic, messed up metabolism, etc. when you can be eating 1000-1500 more with your job and continuing to lose weight.

If you are truly interested in your daily expenditure and don't want to take our word on it, you can invest in one of these. It will certainly give you some insight on just how many calories are being burnt in your manual labor. It will set you back a couple hundred (I think) but just look at some of the people running it and the IIFYM approach they are taking and how well they are doing with it.

Bodybugg - everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg - Bodybuilding.com Forums
xKyle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

what is being said in here is all over the place. some are saying follow the plan the trainer/friend is giving him, and some are questioning the reason behind having insanity and weight training together. what is it guys? all the answers are just being clumped together.

and..coop - what is your friend's reason behind doing weight training + insanity?

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #17
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

He has a photoshoot in september and hes trying to get me on with a modeling company and my abs have to come out along with my chest some more, so i am trying to get muscle/fat loss on the road, whats ur take d?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
He has a photoshoot in september and hes trying to get me on with a modeling company and my abs have to come out along with my chest some more, so i am trying to get muscle/fat loss on the road, whats ur take d?
Ahhh I see you're going to be one of those skinny pretty boys instead of a silverback gorilla. Why didn't you say so?
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #19
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Ross View Post
Ahhh I see you're going to be one of those skinny pretty boys instead of a silverback gorilla. Why didn't you say so?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! He said this could be the start of me getting some diet discipline and learning to train to my needs, the start of my bodybuilding career, He's 5'6 248 pounds 18% bodyfat, hes cutting to 7% , so no, we are not pretty boy skinnies lol
Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
I know you've probably heard this many times, but no matter how much work you do in the gym, if your diet isn't up to par then you not going to get where you want to be. Is your friend helping with your diet?

If you are already taking in a calorie deficit on top of all this work then yes you will lose bodyfat but you will lose a shit load of muscle mass too, and you will just be a skinny guy with stringy muscles.

What's your friend helping you diet wise? he must be on some kind of diet plan since he has a photoshoot.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote