Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
MonsterMike
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Looks good....push out hard on your knees and really push/sit back on your glutes and hams.....even when you are raw....if you dont, you arent utilizing all of your muscle groups to work for you.....you can tell bc you pop your butt up first rather than firing out of the hole and leading with your chest....you have a lot of potential to squat BIG....keeping working hard and you will DEF get there!
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I greatly appreciate the praise and criticism! Great motivation to keep working. I'm going to be off the squats for about 3 weeks, my workout partner is out of the country with his army unit, so I'm going switch it up with heavy deads until I have a spotter again. I'm only up to 335x1, but I can repeat it any workout, even on a rough day. I've been able to increase 5-10lbs per max effort day. I'll be practicing the tips you guys have given me on my dynamic days and I'll post a new clip in a couple weeks.
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Awesome workout today. It's been a bit since I did heavy deads, but I came back swinging. I may post up a vid of those as well for critique, I honestly never really think about form when I do them, I just get behind the bar and pull like hell.

135x6
185x6
275x3
295x3
315x3
335x3
355x2
365x1
375x1
385x1

I hadn't intended to do quit so many sets, but I think I underestimated my starting point for the day, and I just kept feeling ready for more all the way up to my singles. I can't wait for my workout partner to get back in a few weeks, we never really do DL, so he's gonna s#!t a brick when I get back to 400+.
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote