Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
bezzer
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

bezzer is off to a bad start
Default help please with training routine.

hello my name is mark. just wondering if some one on here would be able to help me with a good training program.been training now for just 4 months and feel im not getting any where.the gym i train at i,ve tryed to get help but having no success at all.all im after is to gain a gud size and build my strengh up.would really be grateful if someone would help me.i can only train 3 nites a week tho due to my job.
bezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I would suggest looking in the real results section and reading through the articles and routines in there. There are loads of 3 days per week ones and they will give great results. Once you have decided on one, or there are some you like the look of then post them up and we can perhaps see if they are gonna be right for you, your goals and the equipment you have available.

Also dont forget that the most important thing you need to do is eat, you are probably not eating anywhere near enough. if you want some pointers ondiet too then post up what you are doing at the minute and we can look at that for you too.

Once you have a diet and routine sorted, start a workout journal/log and we can help you along the way if you want us to.

good luck

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
kallikdav
Max Brawn
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

kallikdav is off to a bad start

Mark,
you've been training for four months. If you are just starting out, your body is starting to get toned up to "weightlifting". You have three days to work out so, break up your routine with two bodyparts a day: Chest and shoulders one day, arms and forearms day two; back legs day three. Warm up with stretching exercises. Begin each body-part with light weights to warm the area up. For chest-bench press, 3 sets for reps of 8-10; dumbell flys 3 sets for 8-10 reps; incline bench presses, 3 sets, 9-10 reps. Shoulders- behind the nick presses, warm up with light weight; 3 sets with 8-10 reps; front presses 3 sets with 8-10 reps; lateral raises with dumbells, 3 sets 8-10 reps.
Day 2 -- barbell curls with light weight to warm up then 3 sets, 8-10 reps ; alternate with tricep behind the neck extensions, 3 sets 8-10 reps; seated dumbvell curls 3 sets, 8-10 reps; alternate with tricep dips on bench or parellel bars, 3 sets, 8-10 reps; concentration dumbell curls, 3 sets 8-10 reps, alternate with close grip barbell presses lying down on bench, 3 sets 8-10 reps . Finally forearms, seated forarm curls with barbell, 3 sets 8-10reps; reverse curls standing with barbell, 3 sets 8-10 reps; dumbell forearm curls seated, 3 sets 8-10 reps; and reverse dumbell curls standing, 3 sets, 8-10 reps.
On the last 2-3 reps do a weight you can feel the "burn" in the muscle worked. Hope this helps gets you moving towards gains.
Kallikdav
kallikdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
.i can only train 3 nites a week tho due to my job.
That's all that is needed to build an outstanding physique.
Stick to compound movements, they have the most bang for the buck!
Simplicity is the essence of life and productive training!

You could not ask for a better laid out routine
Reg Park Beginner Routine Workout - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

Here's a bunch more.
Full Body Workouts Reference Guide - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
IarnSmith
Banned
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

IarnSmith is off to a bad start

Hi to all. I am a new member of this forum. I like bodybuilding and i want to be a bodybuilder. I want to make my muscles strong. I need some ideas and training tips for bodybuilding because i have no any information about it. Share with me some tips that what should i do for it and from which point i should start. Reply soon.
IarnSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

When first starting on the path to building strength and muscle, it is important to keep things basic. You want to use a basic strength building routine, basic progression scheme, and a basic diet. This gives you a base to build on later and there is no reason to complicate things until you have to. It also makes progress easier to track which can be very motivating.

A simple full-body routine that's done two or three days a week is powerful tool when you first get started. It's a time-tested method for building muscle and strength. There is a good section on this forum devoted to full-body routines, you should check it out and do some research. Good luck to you.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
When first starting on the path to building strength and muscle, it is important to keep things basic. You want to use a basic strength building routine, basic progression scheme, and a basic diet. This gives you a base to build on later and there is no reason to complicate things until you have to. It also makes progress easier to track which can be very motivating.

A simple full-body routine that's done two or three days a week is powerful tool when you first get started. It's a time-tested method for building muscle and strength. There is a good section on this forum devoted to full-body routines, you should check it out and do some research. Good luck to you.
^Great advice here, and from one of our newest members! Welcome aboard.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet