Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   help please with training routine. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6553)

bezzer 06-15-2011 10:14 AM

help please with training routine.

hello my name is mark. just wondering if some one on here would be able to help me with a good training program.been training now for just 4 months and feel im not getting any where.the gym i train at i,ve tryed to get help but having no success at all.all im after is to gain a gud size and build my strengh up.would really be grateful if someone would help me.i can only train 3 nites a week tho due to my job.

Carl1174 06-15-2011 10:27 AM

I would suggest looking in the real results section and reading through the articles and routines in there. There are loads of 3 days per week ones and they will give great results. Once you have decided on one, or there are some you like the look of then post them up and we can perhaps see if they are gonna be right for you, your goals and the equipment you have available.

Also dont forget that the most important thing you need to do is eat, you are probably not eating anywhere near enough. if you want some pointers ondiet too then post up what you are doing at the minute and we can look at that for you too.

Once you have a diet and routine sorted, start a workout journal/log and we can help you along the way if you want us to.

good luck

Carl.

kallikdav 06-15-2011 02:26 PM

Mark,
you've been training for four months. If you are just starting out, your body is starting to get toned up to "weightlifting". You have three days to work out so, break up your routine with two bodyparts a day: Chest and shoulders one day, arms and forearms day two; back legs day three. Warm up with stretching exercises. Begin each body-part with light weights to warm the area up. For chest-bench press, 3 sets for reps of 8-10; dumbell flys 3 sets for 8-10 reps; incline bench presses, 3 sets, 9-10 reps. Shoulders- behind the nick presses, warm up with light weight; 3 sets with 8-10 reps; front presses 3 sets with 8-10 reps; lateral raises with dumbells, 3 sets 8-10 reps.
Day 2 -- barbell curls with light weight to warm up then 3 sets, 8-10 reps ; alternate with tricep behind the neck extensions, 3 sets 8-10 reps; seated dumbvell curls 3 sets, 8-10 reps; alternate with tricep dips on bench or parellel bars, 3 sets, 8-10 reps; concentration dumbell curls, 3 sets 8-10 reps, alternate with close grip barbell presses lying down on bench, 3 sets 8-10 reps . Finally forearms, seated forarm curls with barbell, 3 sets 8-10reps; reverse curls standing with barbell, 3 sets 8-10 reps; dumbell forearm curls seated, 3 sets 8-10 reps; and reverse dumbell curls standing, 3 sets, 8-10 reps.
On the last 2-3 reps do a weight you can feel the "burn" in the muscle worked. Hope this helps gets you moving towards gains.
Kallikdav

Wlfdg 06-15-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzer (Post 145043)
.i can only train 3 nites a week tho due to my job.

That's all that is needed to build an outstanding physique.
Stick to compound movements, they have the most bang for the buck!
Simplicity is the essence of life and productive training!

You could not ask for a better laid out routine
Reg Park Beginner Routine Workout - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

Here's a bunch more.
Full Body Workouts Reference Guide - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

IarnSmith 07-06-2011 05:18 AM

Hi to all. I am a new member of this forum. I like bodybuilding and i want to be a bodybuilder. I want to make my muscles strong. I need some ideas and training tips for bodybuilding because i have no any information about it. Share with me some tips that what should i do for it and from which point i should start. Reply soon.

Off Road 07-06-2011 08:19 AM

When first starting on the path to building strength and muscle, it is important to keep things basic. You want to use a basic strength building routine, basic progression scheme, and a basic diet. This gives you a base to build on later and there is no reason to complicate things until you have to. It also makes progress easier to track which can be very motivating.

A simple full-body routine that's done two or three days a week is powerful tool when you first get started. It's a time-tested method for building muscle and strength. There is a good section on this forum devoted to full-body routines, you should check it out and do some research. Good luck to you.

Abaddon 07-06-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 150366)
When first starting on the path to building strength and muscle, it is important to keep things basic. You want to use a basic strength building routine, basic progression scheme, and a basic diet. This gives you a base to build on later and there is no reason to complicate things until you have to. It also makes progress easier to track which can be very motivating.

A simple full-body routine that's done two or three days a week is powerful tool when you first get started. It's a time-tested method for building muscle and strength. There is a good section on this forum devoted to full-body routines, you should check it out and do some research. Good luck to you.

^Great advice here, and from one of our newest members! Welcome aboard.