Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
espm1000
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts
Default I've never made my own program before, but here it goes!

I really need a program that doesn't restrict me to a particular schedule. I need to be able to come and go as I please at any time of the day on any day, so a typical push/pull/legs seems appropriate. I'm also on a mission to learn to become more intense during my workouts. I often find that I can get more than a few extra reps or add a bit more weight, but I am not used to pushing myself yet, so the intensity and confidence isn't quite there yet.

I'm also an advocate of frequency training, so a push/pull/legs can be tailored to hit each muscle group twice within a 5 day period. I loved the upper/lower I was on, and may use one in the future, but it was hard for me to focus when I felt like I was jumping around from muscle group to muscle group.

Either way, the main goal is progressive loading in the 4-10 rep range.

Push

Some exercises may use dumbbells or be switched out depending on how my shoulders feel, which is why I put variant.

Flat Bench Press Variant
Incline Bench Variant
OH Press Variant
Weighted Dips
CGBP or JM Press

Pull

I'll be utilizing isolation for rear delts in an attempt to correct some postural issues I have and strengthen rotator cuffs.

Deadlifts or Rack Pulls (Depends on how my back feels)
Pullups
Barbell Row
High Pulls
Face-Pulls
Barbell Curls

Legs

Squats
Pull-Throughs
Barbell Lunges
Glute-Ham Raise
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links