Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Mike Mentzer Is A Genius

I happened to stumble across this post on a lonely old forum somewhere deep across the known galaxy. I am only posting this because it was entertaining and interesting...

Quote:
wat are peoples oppinion of mike mentzer???

my oppinion....... legend, genius, pioneer, the true father of bodybuiding!!!
i cannot give enough praise to the man. his training philosophy is amazing.

i bought some of his books and a dvd a few months ago as i was looking for a better way to train and make better progress. after about 4 months of following his system i am 35 pounds of fat lighter and the strongest i have ever been in my life and i also stoped using steroids compleatly 4 monthsago.

i never made the progress i am making now wen i was using drugs and i am totally drug free. i train for 15 minuits once every 7 days and thats it.

the training is emensly brutal but very short and very very productive. dorian yates claimed to be a h. i. t trainer but his version is a very watered down version of mike mentzers pure hit work out dorians form was very sloppy compared to mentzers and his intensity levvels were poor compared to mentzers.

mentzer is a straight talker who tells you how it is not how the bodybuilding mags want it to be. the muscle mags are there for 1 thing... selling supplements. they tell us we need huge ammounts of protien to gain muscle so we buy the supplements. truth of the matter is we do not need anywere near the ammount of protien they recomend and mentzer new this, how right he was.

i could go on for ever about the genius of mentzer and the bullshit muscle mags and the so called experts that right in them. lets face it the champs that right in the mags are on rediculas ammounts of steroids and other drugs and have awesome genetics, this seems to make them "experts" iv seen a lot of them working out and fuk me they train like pussys!!!

if you have the open mind to try mentzers workouts and if you have the balls and stomach for it then you just have to try it. dont let his legasy die, he really is a genius and totally unapriciated. maybe people are just to lazy to train in his style.
r.i.p mike mentzer
genius!!!!!!!!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links