Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How to you make a workout? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6024)

Grigory 05-03-2011 09:50 AM

How to you make a workout?

How do you make workout? Everyone I see is different and I am wondering if they are all so different if it really matters what you use or if you should just use the exercises and sets you like? ty

Aurik 05-03-2011 10:03 AM

Grigory,

In order to select a workout, you need to consider a few things:
-- What is my general experience level?
-- What are my goals? Do I want to get big(ger), strong(ger), lean(er), (more) ripped, etc? Those goals are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but, for example, it's VERY hard to get bigger and leaner at the same time.
-- What kinds of equipment do you have access to, and what is your general comfort level with them?
-- How many days per week can you dedicate to training? 3-4 days is generally ideal. There are some good 2 day programs and a handful of 5 day progarms, but going much fewer than 2 days/week or more than 5 days/week on the weights is generally not going to give you the same kind of results as 3-4 days/week. Your mileage may vary on this depending on how quickly you recover.

If you are a novice or beginner, my first recommendation is NOT to try to create your own program -- you don't have enough experience with the weights and with how your body reacts to them to make an effective program. If you are in this category, then you should definitely either pick a published novice program, or work with someone with a lot more experience to make yourself a novice program. If you're a bit more experienced, then you can probably take an existing program and tailor it to your needs, but remember that those programs usually used those exercises and set selections for a reason, so don't go swapping out, say, barbell rows for barbell curls just because you don't like the rows. Make sure any changes you make are fairly well reasoned out.

I hope this at least helps you get moving in the right direction.

Abaddon 05-03-2011 10:10 AM

Hi Grigory,

I make workout by looking here:
Workouts | Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

Grim83 05-03-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grigory (Post 134477)
How do you make workout? Everyone I see is different and I am wondering if they are all so different if it really matters what you use or if you should just use the exercises and sets you like? ty

people with experience (i.e. those who should be designing their own programs) do what their experience has shown they respond best to.everything from their volume to their exercise selection and frequency hinges on the idea that they know how they're body responds. obviously this is something a true green beginner would not be able to do so you should follow the guidance of someone else. If you fall into the beginner category then i recommend you look back to the guys of the early days and see what they recommended.

BendtheBar 05-08-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grigory (Post 134477)

--Use the best tools (Exercises).
--Train a reasonable amount of times per week (generally 3-4), understanding that more isn't better.
--Focus on progression.
--Keep it simple. Rep ranges, drop sets, and all the other fluff isn't as important as persistence (getting to the gym) and progression.
--Eat so that you can grow.

Healthgain 06-29-2011 02:21 AM

Hi,

The most basic sense, I can sum up over 5 years of muscle building research and experience in just 4 simple steps. You just need…

A workout focused on progressive overload.
A diet containing enough calories to support growth.
A few additional components of your diet and workout to be set up properly.
Enough consistency to allow it all to work.

Sounds pretty simple, right? That’s because it is. There’s a million little details that go into making these requirements take place, but they are all honestly just minor details.

Abaddon 06-29-2011 02:55 AM

hi, Healthgain!! :D

Please, tell me more.

Shadowschmadow 06-29-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgain (Post 148871)
That’s because it is. There’s a million little details that go into making these requirements take place, but they are all honestly just minor details.

I wouldn't say the rest is minor details. Honestly, you can make a pretty crappy program following your rules, but that doesn't mean they are wrong either. There is more to it than what you listed, and they are not minor details (such as exercise selection). However, what you said also is important as well.

What steve said pretty much effectively covers your bases.

BendtheBar 06-29-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgain (Post 148871)
Hi,

The most basic sense, I can sum up over 5 years of muscle building research and experience in just 4 simple steps. You just need…

A workout focused on progressive overload.
A diet containing enough calories to support growth.
A few additional components of your diet and workout to be set up properly.
Enough consistency to allow it all to work.

Sounds pretty simple, right? That’s because it is. There’s a million little details that go into making these requirements take place, but they are all honestly just minor details.

Your email address and name are in the Stop Forum Spam database.

Stop Forum Spam - IP Check - 122.180.117.246

Also, your post is plagiarized from some random article.

Nice try. You will not get a chance to build your post count and spam links.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/mem...ban-hammer.jpg

Shadowschmadow 06-29-2011 12:20 PM

That guy looks considerably like the guy from the Sons of Anarchy...