Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bodybuilder without steroids? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5981)

supreme781 04-28-2011 11:06 AM

Bodybuilder without steroids?

Hi, Muscle and Brawn community!

I am 16 and want to be a bodybuilder. I think I might compete when I am 18 or 19 but don't know if I can? On another forum those that were helpful took steroids. I do not want to take steroids but want to know how longer it will take to be big like a bodybuilder without steroids?

TitanCT 04-28-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme781 (Post 133498)
Hi, Muscle and Brawn community!

I am 16 and want to be a bodybuilder. I think I might compete when I am 18 or 19 but don't know if I can? On another forum those that were helpful took steroids. I do not want to take steroids but want to know how longer it will take to be big like a bodybuilder without steroids?

how long? thtas not an easy question to answer...

supreme781 04-28-2011 11:20 AM

How long can I train to get some big size?

Carl1174 04-28-2011 11:22 AM

Getting big without steroids is different to getting big with steroids so the information that they gave, may or may not work for you. You should see some kind of results fairly quick at your age with a good diet and exercise program. That being said if you are looking to get as big as the professionals that ARE on steroids, without steroids then it isnt gonna happen as everyone has a genetic potential of a certain size NATURALLY. to get bigger than this you would have to turn to steroids.

Personally i think you are doing the right thing by staying natural. you are at a good age to start training and have everything on your side growthwise at the minute.

You should google some natural bodybuilding competions to see the kind of physique that is achievable NATURALLY, imo the physiques are much better proportioned and natural looking than the guys in Mr Olympia and competions like that.

There are several natural competitors on this site (Rich Knapp and Dmaipa amongst others) and they have very enviable physiques.

You need to be in this for the long haul, it wont happen overnight, but like I said at your age and with the right diet, program and level of commitment then you could build a fantastic body.

There are loads of articles on here about natural training, genetic potential and things like that. If you need any particular information then just start up a thread and ask, the members here are very knowledgable and will definitely get you where you want to go.

good luck

Carl.

big_swede 04-28-2011 11:23 AM

It will take time, but starting at youre age, you can add alot of size in the next 4-5 years if you lift heavy and eat alot of food. And one golden advice - dont care about your abs, if you got visible abs, youre probably underating.

Good luck!

dmaipa 04-28-2011 12:08 PM

Carl and swede mentioned alot. You are at a great age to start training. Focus on being consistent with your training and eating. Be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day. I would advise you to start a training log on the site. You are just starting out so you should be able to see some good gains if you stick to everything but I can't tell you how long it will take.

BendtheBar 04-28-2011 01:16 PM

If you train hard and eat right you can gain at least 15 pounds your first 2 years, which is a substantial amount of muscle mass.

Aurik 04-28-2011 01:25 PM

At 16, you are at a prime age to make huge gains in strength and size -- guys in their late teens / early 20's don't NEED steroids to get big and strong. You need lots of good food, a good workout program, and enough rest to recover from your workouts. Don't underestimate any of these 3; if you leave any of the 3 out, you'll be shortchanging yourself.

There are several guys on this site who do compete in natural bodybuilding competitions (ie, steroid-free and drug-tested to verify that) who can give you a lot of good advice to get started. Welcome to the site, and good luck on your journey!

J_Byrd 04-28-2011 01:34 PM

At 16 your body is full of testosterone. Just eat, sleep, train. Get a good program, and work hard and you will see great results. Best of luck to you.

andys_trim 04-28-2011 01:37 PM

These guys have covered the basics. I'm just a few years older than you and started with the same goal in mind. Now that I've been doing it a little while I've learned a little bit. When you are first starting, don't worry about your abs. You will never get big if you don't eat a ton of food, and with eating comes some fat. If you focus on keeping a 6 pack, you won't see the results. You have to bust it day in and day out to get big. That's pretty much the biggest piece of advise I can give you. Worry about abs last. Now smash some weight!