Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
TankUK
New Brawn
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TankUK is off to a bad start
Default My Full Tank Plan :)

ive been training in power and strength for around 5 months now. due to financial reasons ive left my old gym and im setting up my own workout station at home in my garage. it will consist sandbags from 20kg all the way up to 200kg to start with and odd objects to grapple with. i will also be trying to get hold on a tractor tyre! Right now my aim is to lose some fat. im a proper lump. i have the strength but i need to get my fitness up especially as i intend on entering some novice competitions in the future. I will start a journal once im set up with pictures of me now and then once its been going on for a while some after ones. and so on. I look forward to this Journey and i cant wait to get shit cracked up .
TankUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
lars
Brawn
Points: 316, Level: 6 Points: 316, Level: 6 Points: 316, Level: 6

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Eggs :)
lars is off to a bad start

Sounds nice! Wish you a lot of fun with setting up your own home gym. It's gonna have to be cool to just get down/out/in the back and train whenever you feel like.
Hit it hard buddy and good luck for your competition plans!
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
TankUK
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars View Post
Sounds nice! Wish you a lot of fun with setting up your own home gym. It's gonna have to be cool to just get down/out/in the back and train whenever you feel like.
Hit it hard buddy and good luck for your competition plans!
Thanks for the positive words .. appreciated
Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I like the old school cave man "grappling" aspect to this! Good luck to you and I'm looking forward to you meeting your goals!

I recently lost about 40 pounds of "lumps" myself. I'd be proud to help you in this if I can, or more likely learn from you as you go through it yourself, as everyone is different.

Looking forward to your log.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Good luck!! Cant wait to see your log!!

Im also trying to get a tractor tire hahah!

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sounds like good times. Can't beat hard work with simple items.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
TankUK
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I like the old school cave man "grappling" aspect to this! Good luck to you and I'm looking forward to you meeting your goals!

I recently lost about 40 pounds of "lumps" myself. I'd be proud to help you in this if I can, or more likely learn from you as you go through it yourself, as everyone is different.

Looking forward to your log.
id be interested to hear how you have been losing the lbs dude
Old 03-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Sure. Diet and exercise.

Seriously, I got motivated to lose, cleaned up my diet, and went to the gym everyday for almost two years.

I'll tell you some generalities that worked for me so that this isn't a novel, and if you have any specific questions, fire away.

For diet, I ate the same thing everyday for breakfast and dinner to take some of the guesswork/potential for cheating out of eating. I ate oatmeal, nuts, fruit, and milk every morning, then every night at dinner I ate some protein, two vegetables, and some grain like rice pasta or potato. Lunch was a bit looser at first, if I went off the reservation so to speak, I did it at lunch. But after a while I cleaned that up too. A small protein, bread, some raw vegetable. At first, I would have a bad meal here and there, but after a while that stopped. Snacks were only yogurt or cottage cheese, fruit or carrots.

For execise, I did 45 min. with weights everyday, then right away did 45 min. with cardio. At first it was just walking, but soon was biking, elliptical, etc. For weights, I did all the simple "push" execises bench, press, squats, lunges, etc. one day, then "pulls" like rows, pulldowns, deadlifts, curls, etc. the next day. I did easy weights 3 sets of 8, or 2 sets of 15, just blasted through them like cardio with weights, supersetted everything. Of course, I skipped days here and there at first, but soon never missed a day unless sick or something.

I lost 25 pounds almost immediately, like 3-4 months, then got stuck and stayed around 200 seemd like forever, but kept at it, and slowly got to 185 about four months ago. Took about 18 months altogether, but I was slowed down because as I got thinner, i would cheat on my diet here and there a bit more. You can workout like a demon, but if you want to lose fat, you have to eat right seems to be the rule. Also, as you get stronger, the scale is a bit misleading. Check your waist size instead.

Hope that helps you! My opinion is that whatever you do, if you're determined, you'll get there.

Cheers,
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote