Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My Full Tank Plan :) (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5593)

TankUK 03-04-2011 12:23 PM

My Full Tank Plan :)

ive been training in power and strength for around 5 months now. due to financial reasons ive left my old gym and im setting up my own workout station at home in my garage. it will consist sandbags from 20kg all the way up to 200kg to start with and odd objects to grapple with. i will also be trying to get hold on a tractor tyre! Right now my aim is to lose some fat. im a proper lump. i have the strength but i need to get my fitness up especially as i intend on entering some novice competitions in the future. I will start a journal once im set up with pictures of me now and then once its been going on for a while some after ones. and so on. I look forward to this Journey and i cant wait to get shit cracked up .

lars 03-04-2011 02:12 PM

Sounds nice! Wish you a lot of fun with setting up your own home gym. It's gonna have to be cool to just get down/out/in the back and train whenever you feel like.
Hit it hard buddy and good luck for your competition plans! :)

TankUK 03-04-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lars (Post 121028)
Sounds nice! Wish you a lot of fun with setting up your own home gym. It's gonna have to be cool to just get down/out/in the back and train whenever you feel like.
Hit it hard buddy and good luck for your competition plans! :)

Thanks for the positive words .. appreciated

MikeM 03-04-2011 06:25 PM

I like the old school cave man "grappling" aspect to this! Good luck to you and I'm looking forward to you meeting your goals!

I recently lost about 40 pounds of "lumps" myself. I'd be proud to help you in this if I can, or more likely learn from you as you go through it yourself, as everyone is different.

Looking forward to your log.

Spartigus 03-04-2011 06:30 PM

Good luck!! Cant wait to see your log!!

Im also trying to get a tractor tire hahah!

BendtheBar 03-04-2011 09:02 PM

Sounds like good times. Can't beat hard work with simple items.

TankUK 03-06-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 121129)
I like the old school cave man "grappling" aspect to this! Good luck to you and I'm looking forward to you meeting your goals!

I recently lost about 40 pounds of "lumps" myself. I'd be proud to help you in this if I can, or more likely learn from you as you go through it yourself, as everyone is different.

Looking forward to your log.

id be interested to hear how you have been losing the lbs dude

MikeM 03-07-2011 09:17 AM

Sure. Diet and exercise. :)

Seriously, I got motivated to lose, cleaned up my diet, and went to the gym everyday for almost two years.

I'll tell you some generalities that worked for me so that this isn't a novel, and if you have any specific questions, fire away.

For diet, I ate the same thing everyday for breakfast and dinner to take some of the guesswork/potential for cheating out of eating. I ate oatmeal, nuts, fruit, and milk every morning, then every night at dinner I ate some protein, two vegetables, and some grain like rice pasta or potato. Lunch was a bit looser at first, if I went off the reservation so to speak, I did it at lunch. But after a while I cleaned that up too. A small protein, bread, some raw vegetable. At first, I would have a bad meal here and there, but after a while that stopped. Snacks were only yogurt or cottage cheese, fruit or carrots.

For execise, I did 45 min. with weights everyday, then right away did 45 min. with cardio. At first it was just walking, but soon was biking, elliptical, etc. For weights, I did all the simple "push" execises bench, press, squats, lunges, etc. one day, then "pulls" like rows, pulldowns, deadlifts, curls, etc. the next day. I did easy weights 3 sets of 8, or 2 sets of 15, just blasted through them like cardio with weights, supersetted everything. Of course, I skipped days here and there at first, but soon never missed a day unless sick or something.

I lost 25 pounds almost immediately, like 3-4 months, then got stuck and stayed around 200 seemd like forever, but kept at it, and slowly got to 185 about four months ago. Took about 18 months altogether, but I was slowed down because as I got thinner, i would cheat on my diet here and there a bit more. You can workout like a demon, but if you want to lose fat, you have to eat right seems to be the rule. Also, as you get stronger, the scale is a bit misleading. Check your waist size instead.

Hope that helps you! My opinion is that whatever you do, if you're determined, you'll get there.

Cheers,