Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #61
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school View Post
Seems a bit high to me considering my waist size. I know someone thats around 20% bodyfat and they have a about 2-3 inches on their waist on me and they aare roughly my size but your more experienced in these things than me BTB.
Like BTB said we all carry our fat differently. I'm carrying a lot of my fat right around my waist. My waist is big because of that fact. So just using our waist size as a comparasin to base off of is not accurate. I'm also guessing as to my approx BF%. It may be higher.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #62
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
No, bulking and cutting isn't a thing of the past... Only the cutting part is, bulk bulk bulk bulk!
This post gets the BTB seal of approval!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #63
old school
Brawn
Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: barbell hack squats
Fav Supp: milk
old school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality posts

how tall are you gl and how tall are you BTB?
old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #64
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I am 5'10" and my LBM is 178. Sometimes 179-180 depending on the skin fold caliper reading, but 75% of the time it is 178.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #65
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
I am 66" tall
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #66
old school
Brawn

old school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality posts

So just to make this clear I am carrying more bf than gl? If my bf is that high as is being said I''m definately going on a cut lol

I've plugged my measurements in the bodyfat calculator on weight trainer.net and the highest is around 14.5-15% so thats obviously wrong as well.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
So just to make this clear I am carrying more bf than gl? If my bf is that high as is being said I''m definately going on a cut lol

I've plugged my measurements in the bodyfat calculator on weight trainer.net and the highest is around 14.5-15% so thats obviously wrong as well.
Calculators are very inaccurate. Once again if you had that bodyfat you would be more muscular than both of the bodybuilders I posted.

You have less muscle mass than GL. Remember that bodyfat percentage is a ratio of fat to lean mass.

So, yes, with the stats you have provided us, and with the picture you have provided us, and I am very confident that your LBM is no greater than (around) 160 pounds.

So it does appear you are carrying more pounds of fat than GL. You ARE 6 inches taller, and an extra few pounds of fat won't make you "look fatter" than GL.

At the end of the day you need to compare yourself to lifters of equal stature. that is why I presented the pictures I did. Those lifters have a LBM of 165 to 171 (ish). You are at least 10-15 pounds of muscle behind them. taking into account you may have made gains in the past 6 months, I estimated your LBM at 160.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-15-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #68
old school
Brawn

My arms are 15.25 inches and my legs are 26inches so most of my muscle mass is around my legs probably. I can't carry fat around my waist then where else? how much will 10lbs of muscle change my look? And the US Navy's bf calculator has over a 40% error margin.

What bodybuilders did you post BTB?

Last edited by old school; 02-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #69
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

What bodybuilders did you post BTB?
Here you go:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/bod...tml#post116260

Old 02-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #70
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Wait until I lean out some more. You will see much clearer my body shape. It is not unlike Steve Reeves waist in his photo's. I will have a very small waist.

While I look fat in those pictures, I do still have some decent lean mass on parts of my frame.
GL--I would not say that you look fat in any of the pics you posted. Thick and strong, yes. Fat, no.

I asked about the profiel pic as my belly is quickly getting that look. I am pushing to 215 and beyond and was just wondering.

Quote:

As BTB and others have said, not necessarily. If you gained more muscle and minimized future fat gains, your BF% will be lower at the end of the bulk. My vote (if I had one) would be to add more mass.