Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellent post.

Excuses are a wall that separates someone from their goals. While the wall appears to have been placed in front of their path by someone else, the irony is that the person making the excuses built the wall themselves.

You either try, or you don't try.

You either do, or you don't do.

And if you can't do, you do what you can.
Couldn't agree more, BTB.

We are what we are in the decisions we make among choices present.

Lock a person in a room without elective choices, where they receive nothing but the dietary and physical contents related to their goal, and what outcome related to this goal do you get?

We know what the outcome will be.

The problem is that we are locked in a room filled with choices, and sometimes one imprisons and enslaves themselves to the context of these choices, and think being locked in a prison without choices is worse.

The personal "Want-o-Meter" needs to be right.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 02-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I don't have a squat rack.

You don't need a squat rack, you can still do cleans, and front squats, and back squats after you lift the weight. Additionally, you can overhead squat the weight as well.

When presented with this option, there are still the people who would pez dispenser another reason/excuse to not squat or work hard.

Then there is the guy you don't hear from. He already worked out the isssue, and was cleaning and squatting the weight.

I uderstand the point was not really about squat racks. It is about those people who constantly make an excuse as to why they can't work hard. I don't have time for these people. I'll be happy to help anybody, but don't waste my time.

Why do people even bother trying to pursue this sport if they don't want to work hard. This sport is not physically easy. If your going to do it, then put your heart into it, and really do it. The guy with the excuse probably has an excuse for everything in his life. He probably takes no responsibility for his failures, but will scream, and shout about his limited accomplishments.

I have no time for this, and walk away from them.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #13
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Neither did Milo Steinborn, Ed Zercher, or George Hackenschmidt, but they figured it out, and their styles of squatting are named after them.

Last edited by Trevor Ross; 02-12-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I never had a squat rack (still don't) so I did zerchers instead.
I never had a bench or any stands so I used sturdy bins, until they couldn't take the weight and cracked on me.

Now I have squat stands and a bench, adequate for my needs...but when I didn't have the stuff I improvised so that I could train.

If someone wants to do something they'll always find a way, if they don't want to they'll always find an excuse not to.